Assassination 2: The Lost Children

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"So, what's our mission? And, forgive me for asking this, ambassador, but what is our priority? Killing the leader, destroying the cult...or retrieving your daughter at any cost?"

FourMonos

First Post
The ambassador's look is grim, "At this moment, my only concern is for my daughter. I understand larger forces and actions are in play, but right now, finding out if my daughter is alive is all that matters to me."

He lays his hand on Kava's shoulder, "Lady Veldaran has agreed to assist and put us in contact with her kinsman, Lord Torrn. What you find when you get to Droaam and what you do with it from there is up to you."

FourMonos

First Post
"The Droaamites arrived four days ago, we suspect that is when the Ambassador's daughter was taken away. We are having a shipment of supplies for Greywall leave today. Now, actually, if you agree to help."

OOC: For an FYI, I did get some feedback that the first installment of 'Assassination' adventure path was a little too regimented. So, I have the plan set forth with the who, what and where, but I'm going to let you guys run things more and have your decisions take you where you go... and suffer the consequences :devil:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"The Droaamites arrived four days ago, we suspect that is when the Ambassador's daughter was taken away. We are having a shipment of supplies for Greywall leave today. Now, actually, if you agree to help."

"I don't understand. A caravan that left four days ago would still be on our side of the Dagger River. They should be less than a hundred miles away now. The crossing is what, three hundred miles away? Why don't we just take an airship and stop them before they get anywhere near Droam? An airship goes about as fast as a caravan, but it can travel at night. We could catch it in four days while it is still well over a hundred miles from the crossing. We could travel low so that they don't see us coming. If we take horses, we could pass the caravan, travel ahead of it off road, and set up an ambush."

FourMonos

First Post
GM: Oh ho! Someone seeketh a skill challenge! Race to the Dagger River, eh? I need to consult maps first. Anyone else have thoughts, feedback, ideas?

KarinsDad

Adventurer
GM: Oh ho! Someone seeketh a skill challenge! Race to the Dagger River, eh? I need to consult maps first. Anyone else have thoughts, feedback, ideas?

"A lightning rail is probably even faster. It has stops, but it's faster than even an airship and nobody would pay attention to it traveling past the caravan."

FourMonos

First Post
Kava nods with Chael's recommendations, "Yes, we considered those last night. Those would be viable options, friend, if we knew for certain the path they took and the we were certain when they left. The Droaam insurgents arrived here four days ago. The Ambassador's daughter has been missing two weeks. Her convoy from Karrnath didn't arrive here. It is possible that this talk to holding her hostage was just all that... talk.

"Then how do we know they traveled by land or sea? Droaam has a port at Vrelkak as well as its traveled roads to Greywall. If they traveled with their traditional ogre companions, how do we know they took the common roads when they could have gone directly for the Greywall mountains. When we contemplated the variables, we thought the best path would be to get you into Droaam at Greywall and follow leads from there."

Vertexx69

First Post
Assassination 2
Rohna,
Goliath Fighter/Warlord 10
88/88 HP (0THP)
Resist All 1

Rohna pauses in her enthusiastic gustation, taking a long breath. The juices from the various foods make her chiseled black chin shine bright as she throws in her two cents. "Since we don't know what route or mode they took, the faster we get there then the better, right? We can worry about tracking the child down once we get there." She looks around the table to see if any of the other items catch her fancy, then drains a tankard of breakfast mead to clear her stony palette.
[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: Speak
Minor: ...
Move: ...
Standard: ...
Action Point: ...
Gore:
...[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 10 Resist all 1
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 16
AC: 26, Fort: 22, Reflex: 17, Will: 18 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 88/88 (0THP), Bloodied: 44, Surge: 22, Surges left: 13/13;
AP: 1/1, Second Wind: Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Practiced Rider
Passing Strike
Disrupting Advance

Rhino Strike
Hydra Charge

Stone's Endurance

Perceive Weakness
Inspiring Word
Villain's Menace

Boundless Endurance
Rain of Steel
Bloody Blades

Vanguard Glaive +2 "Kordestad" (daily, minor)
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily, free)
Antipathy Gloves (daily, standard)
Summoning Rimefire Plate (at-will, minor)
[sblock=Pals]Olaf—Dire Boar 6
Resist 10 all; HP 85/85 (0THP); Bloodied 42 AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 16, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher; at-will) Mount; After Rohna charges, Olaf makes a gore attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Furious Charge; When Olaf charges, his gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes the target 2 squares, and knocks the target prone on a hit. Death Strike (when reduced to 0 hit points); Olaf makes a gore attack. Powers: Gore (standard; at-will); +11 vs. AC; 2d10 + 4 damage, or 2d10 + 9 damage against a prone target.

Mitra—Vadalis-Bred Griffon 11
Resist 10 all; HP 126/126 (0THP); Bloodied 63, 2/2 HS (31), AC 26; Fortitude 25, Reflex 24, Will 23, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 7th level or higher; at-will) Mount; After Rohna charges, Mitra makes a claw attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Powers: Claws (standard; at-will); +16 vs. AC; 2d6 + 5 damage.

Gretta—Construct 15 (Seed of War)
AC: 28, Fort: 23, Reflex: 19, Will: 18 — Speed: 4
HP: 22/22(0); Bloodied 11
Helps flank, can be attacked. Spend HS to negate dmg to seed warrior. Deal 10 dmg to adjacent foe when ally hits that foe.

[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=OOC]I think Rohna's sheet is now fully updated in the above link.

Damage Summary:
(Total damage if all attacks hit)

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases