• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

4E Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

KarinsDad

Villager
Chael tries to run down the man, but she quickly tires out.

[sblock=Actions]

Endurance Check

16 Chael Endurance

[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Chael - Female Longtooth Shifter Hybrid Battlemind | Sentinel Druid
Advantageous Conditions: 5 temp hit points at the start of all encounters (Psionic Vigor)
Adverse Conditions:
Initiative: +4 Passive Insight: 26 Passive Perception: 26
Senses: Low Light Vision
HP 66/66
Bloodied 33
Surge Value 17; Surges Per-Day 12/12
AC 28 Fortitude 23 Reflex 19 Will 22 Speed 5
Action Points: 1
Second Wind: Not Used

Dusk:
HP: 33 Senses: low light vision
Speed: 6, Initiative: equal to Chael's
AC: 21, Fortitude: 23, Reflex: 19, Will: 15

Powers:
At will:
Battlemind's Demand
Conductive Defense
Forceful Reversal
Magic Stone
Melee Basic
Mind Spike

Encounter:
Camouflage Cloak
Guardian's Counter
Healing Word
Longtooth Shifting
Psionic Vigor
Second Wind
Wind Wall

Daily:
Aspect Of Elevated Harmony
Wall of Thorns


Trained: 11 Athletics, 13 Endurance, 16 Insight, 16 Perception
Untrained: 2 Acrobatics, 5 Arcana, 4 Bluff, 4 Diplomacy, 9 Dungeoneering, 9 Heal, 5 History, 4 Intimidate, 11 Nature, 5 Religion, 2 Stealth, 4 Streetwise, 2 Thievery

Feats:
Hybrid Talent
Heart of the Blade
Melee Training (Wisdom)
Mark of Warding
Longtooth Spirit Shifter

Magic Items:
Belt of Vigor
Boots of Fencing Master
Amulet of Protection +2
Twilight Heavy Shield
Blood Fury Longsword +2
Dragonrider Scale +3
Siberys Shard of the Mage
2 Potions of Healing
Companion Defender
[/sblock]
 

Vertexx69

Villager
Skill Challenge"The Chase" Round 3/3
Rohna, Goliath Fighter 8


The assassin dares a backward glance as he tumbles to avoid a horse coming out of an alley, only to give a shape to the ear-splitting ruckus behind him. The dire boar wrapped in black spiked steel is bearing down on him like he was standing on the tracks of the lightning rail. The wind has turned cold for a while now and steam is pluming out of the seams in the mount's heavy barding, with every stride bringing it closer on his heels. No man could outrun this mounted warrior forever, at least know one mortal.

Rohna has been studying the way the killer has been moving through the city for a few moments now, and think she knows the path this fleet-footed-foe will take next as they approach the lifts. As she rides on, the fighter slings her hammer into a pair of brackets on her saddle. Then in one fluid motion, she pulls the shield from her back and throws it careening down the street like a discus. The heavy round shield banks off a building and then up off an iron balcony as it passes over the assassin's head. The firmly mounted metal structure drastically changes the flight path and sends the shield crashing through the support of an apple cart, its golden delicious cargo rolling smoothly across the entire street. Creating a 20ft wide swath of precarious terrain that the man in black must cross if he wants to get to the lifts, he now feels the hot breath of the giant pig on his neck as he is forced to slow by the obstacle. "You have no chance to escape fiend!" is bellowed down his back as the boar starts casting his massive head from side to side in a motion that seems intended to knock the legs out from under fleeing prey.

[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: Athletics DC26 +2 Creative? (DC 26-28 Success), Speak
Minor: sling Kordestad
Move: Chug along and draw shield
Standard: Throw shield like a discus[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 8 Resist all 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
AC: 24 (26), Fort: 22, Reflex: 15 (17), Will: 17 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 76/76 (0THP), Bloodied: 38, Surge: 19, Surges left: 13/13;
AP: 1/1, Second Wind: Unused, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Pass Forward
Practiced Rider
Passing Strike
Rhino Strike
Hydra Charge
Stone's Endurance
World Speaker's Command
Villain's Menace
Rain of Steel
Speak with Spirits

Vanguard Mordenkrad +2 "Kordestad" (daily)
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily)
Onyx Dog (daily)
Antipathy Gloves (daily)
[sblock=Pals]Olaf—Dire Boar 6
Resist 10 all; HP 85/85(0THP); Bloodied 42 AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 16, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher; at-will) Mount; When he charges, Olaf makes a gore attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Furious Charge; When Olaf charges, his gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes the target 2 squares, and knocks the target prone on a hit. Death Strike (when reduced to 0 hit points); Olaf makes a gore attack. Powers: Gore (standard; at-will); +9 vs. AC; 1d10 + 4 damage, or 1d10 + 9 damage against a prone target.

Gretta—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 9/9(4); Bloodied 4

Bite
(standard; at-will)
+7 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage.​
[/sblock][/sblock]OoC: Captain America HOOOOO!
 
Last edited:

renau1g

Villager
GM: [MENTION=48854]Vertexx69[/MENTION] As interesting as a stance on that would be, even if you failed the roll, I wouldn't let Rohna fall the thousands of feet to her death during a skill challenge. ;)
[sblock=ooc]
Really? I think it'd be funny :devil:

Anyways, as there's 3 judges in the adventure, I can judge it [/sblock]
 

FourMonos

Villager
GM: [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION] okay, that's really funny, because the sentence I didn't add in there, but was very tempted to... was 'who do I look like, r1?"
 
Alexia groans when she sees how much distance the assassin has on her. But her expression brightens when she notices a couple city guardsmen near her quarry. She clears her throat, takes in a deep breath, and then calls out with an impressively authoritative voice, "Officers! Arrest that man for suspicion of murder!" She sounds more like a drill sergeant then someone who was recently talking about turning into a bat, and the guardsmen instictively begin to follow her order.

[sblock=Actions]Start off with Words of Friendship, giving a +5 power bonus to my next diplomacy check. Then... diplomacy, 35.[/sblock]
 

Velmont

Villager
Malehan continue to rush toward the assassin. He sees the man will reach the lift before he could catch on him. "Ancestors, answer me."

As the assassin is about to reach the lift he suddenly come to an halt. A ghostly elven figure standing just between him and the lift, blocking his way. As the assassin step aside, the elf step in front of him.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Using my daily utility power: Soul Seeker. If a roll is needed, I'll do it.[/SBLOCK]
 

rb780nm

Villager
kal'Tarron walks after the fleeing assassin. He is breathing heavily from his exertions, but he tries to calm his heart in order to put on one last sprint after the killer.

OOC:
I dont think I buy my own justification - lucky we've already got enough successes (if I count right)

healing (1d20+12=24)
 

FourMonos

Villager
GM: @Velmont since the range was 10, you were too far away to use Soul Seeker.

That is a success on the skill challenge, congrats. You have gained time later in the adventure (you'll see) and avoided a surprise round.


The adventurers press the pace and seem to be closing in on the assassin. Rohna, who is in the lead, is surprised to see the assassin stop and converse with some men standing on a street corner. The reason becomes clear when the man in black turns and points directly at the pursuing heroes and then heads off toward the lift.

As you are almost upon the group of men, best described as ruffians, they fan out, cracking knuckles and drawing weapons.

GM: Map is here, please roll initiative and place you hero. Hero's should start at the top of the map, C through F and 1 through 10. Black is building, brown are carts and street vendor stations. Those count as difficult terrain but can also provide partial cover.
 
Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The undead knight walked towards the foes tirelessly.
OOC: Init: 30. Cz on the map. Are we assumed to have weapons/shields out at the start or not (need to know what actions he gets).
 

KarinsDad

Villager
Chael and Dusk move up to protect Alexia.

Init 22, Chael at D10, Dusk at C9

Alexia and Chael have a +2 power bonus to all defenses due to Dusk. Dusk has a +1 item bonus plus partial cover and Alexia has partial cover due to Chael (gotta keep the healers alive ;) ).

[sblock=stat block]
Chael - Female Longtooth Shifter Hybrid Battlemind | Sentinel Druid
Advantageous Conditions: 5 temp hit points at the start of all encounters (Psionic Vigor)
Adverse Conditions:
Initiative: +4 Passive Insight: 26 Passive Perception: 26
Senses: Low Light Vision
HP 66/66
Bloodied 33
Surge Value 17; Surges Per-Day 12/12
AC 28 Fortitude 23 Reflex 19 Will 22 Speed 5
Currently AC: 30, Fortitude: 25, Reflex: 21, Will: 24

Action Points: 1
Second Wind: Not Used

Dusk:
HP: 33 Senses: low light vision
Speed: 6, Initiative: equal to Chael's
AC: 21, Fortitude: 23, Reflex: 19, Will: 15
Currently AC: 22, Fortitude: 24, Reflex: 20, Will: 16 plus partial cover

Powers:
At will:
Battlemind's Demand
Conductive Defense
Forceful Reversal
Magic Stone
Melee Basic
Mind Spike

Encounter:
Camouflage Cloak
Guardian's Counter
Healing Word
Longtooth Shifting
Psionic Vigor
Second Wind
Wind Wall

Daily:
Aspect Of Elevated Harmony
Wall of Thorns


Trained: 11 Athletics, 13 Endurance, 16 Insight, 16 Perception
Untrained: 2 Acrobatics, 5 Arcana, 4 Bluff, 4 Diplomacy, 9 Dungeoneering, 9 Heal, 5 History, 4 Intimidate, 11 Nature, 5 Religion, 2 Stealth, 4 Streetwise, 2 Thievery

Feats:
Hybrid Talent
Heart of the Blade
Melee Training (Wisdom)
Mark of Warding
Longtooth Spirit Shifter

Magic Items:
Belt of Vigor
Boots of Fencing Master
Amulet of Protection +2
Twilight Heavy Shield
Blood Fury Longsword +2
Dragonrider Scale +3
Siberys Shard of the Mage
2 Potions of Healing
Companion Defender
[/sblock]
 

FourMonos

Villager
Street Fight, Round 1

GM: Just give a little poke to @Vertexx69 to see if he's ready.



Also, as r1 has generously offered to judge, how do I change the name of the original post?



The ruffians make no show of hiding from the approaching heroes. Evidently a show of force is enough to deter most people. Those pedestrians who are near the heroes and the goons see the drawn weapons, recognize the signs of pending trouble and start to withdraw from the action. Those between the heroes and their target continue on in a blissfully unaware manner. Tension builds...



[sblock=perception 20] The goons have all deferred in some way to the man with whom the man in black stopped and talked. He must be in charge. He is near the back, #8 on the map [/sblock]


[sblock=current conditions] Squares around the carts and booths are full of people and are currently considered difficult terrain and partial cover.


With that in mind, depending on your alignment, blasts and bursts that hit any of these squares will injury innocent bystanders.


Heroes can try to clear the street if they would like... use your imagination.

[/sblock]


[sblock= Round Summary]
First round... nothing has happened yet.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Details]
Illumination: Daylight.

Black squares are buildings.

Brown squares are carts/booths: difficult terrain.


*Currently all squares around carts and booths are difficult terrain due to pedestrians.*


Map.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]

Czern Belog (E-10): 85/85; HS 14/15; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Chael: (D-10): 66/66; HS 12/12; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: +2 all defenses (Dusk)

Dusk: (C-9): 33/33 AC 21 F 23 R 19 W 15 Bonus: +1 defenses if adjacent to Chael.

Malehan (F-10): 68/68; HS 9/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Alexia Madgearu (D-9): 65/65; HS 11/11; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: +2 all defenses (Dusk)

kal-Tarron (F-8): 56/56; HS 8/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Venakhad (F-7): 59/59; HS 8/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Rohna
(??): 76/76; HS 13/13; AP 1; Second Wind; Status;

[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]

Initiative 26

[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]
Ruffians: ??AC ??F ??R ??W

1: (G-32) Damage taken:
2: (E-32) Damage taken:


Thugs: ??AC ??F ??R ??W
1. (C-27) Damage taken:
2. (F-30) Damage taken:


Goons: ??AC ??F ??R ??W
1. (B-29) Damage taken:
2. (D-29) Damage taken:
3. (F-28) Damage taken:


Ringleader: (C-31) ??AC ??F ??R ??W
Damage taken:
[/sblock]


GM: Villains rolled a 26 for initiative. If you beat that, feel free to go.
 

Vertexx69

Villager
Initiative 11, "Street Fight"
Rohna, Goliath Fighter 8


As the assassin vanishes behind the wall of street trash, mist congeals around the body of the female Goliath and she has once again donned her steely second skin. Rohna hefts the mammoth Kordestad from its hooks on the saddle, its obvious weight little more than a comfort in her seasoned hands. She locks the leader in her glowing gaze as she extends the weapon firmly out in front of her without the slightest tremble. "You will clear the way rabble. I have killed dragons and demons from the very pit of hell itself. My mount has scrapped the remains of things tougher than you from between the creases of his hooves. You can either flee or be ground into sticky red paste, the choice is yours."

The fighter seems more to be stating fact than trying to scare the thugs, but you never know what will scare scum. Olaf sends sparks flying from his spiked hoof plates as he paws the stones of the street in anticipation.
[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: Intimidate 11, Initiative 11, Speak
Minor: Summon Armor
Move: Starting at (D/7-E/8), drawing Korestad
Standard: ...[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 8 Resist all 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
AC: 24 (26), Fort: 22, Reflex: 15 (17), Will: 17 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 76/76 (0THP), Bloodied: 38, Surge: 19, Surges left: 13/13;
AP: 1/1, Second Wind: Unused, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Pass Forward
Practiced Rider
Passing Strike
Rhino Strike
Hydra Charge
Stone's Endurance
World Speaker's Command
Villain's Menace
Rain of Steel
Speak with Spirits

Vanguard Mordenkrad +2 "Kordestad" (daily)
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily)
Onyx Dog (daily)
Antipathy Gloves (daily)
[sblock=Pals]Olaf—Dire Boar 6
Resist 10 all; HP 85/85(0THP); Bloodied 42 AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 16, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher; at-will) Mount; When he charges, Olaf makes a gore attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Furious Charge; When Olaf charges, his gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes the target 2 squares, and knocks the target prone on a hit. Death Strike (when reduced to 0 hit points); Olaf makes a gore attack. Powers: Gore (standard; at-will); +9 vs. AC; 1d10 + 4 damage, or 1d10 + 9 damage against a prone target.

Gretta—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 9/9(4); Bloodied 4

Bite
(standard; at-will)
+7 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage.​
[/sblock][/sblock]OoC: Try not to block the charging dire boar when you move up folks. :devil:
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top