Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Chael tries to run down the man, but she quickly tires out.

[sblock=Actions]

Endurance Check

16 Chael Endurance

[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Chael - Female Longtooth Shifter Hybrid Battlemind | Sentinel Druid
Advantageous Conditions: 5 temp hit points at the start of all encounters (Psionic Vigor)
Adverse Conditions:
Initiative: +4 Passive Insight: 26 Passive Perception: 26
Senses: Low Light Vision
HP 66/66
Bloodied 33
Surge Value 17; Surges Per-Day 12/12
AC 28 Fortitude 23 Reflex 19 Will 22 Speed 5
Action Points: 1
Second Wind: Not Used

Dusk:
HP: 33 Senses: low light vision
Speed: 6, Initiative: equal to Chael's
AC: 21, Fortitude: 23, Reflex: 19, Will: 15

Powers:
At will:
Battlemind's Demand
Conductive Defense
Forceful Reversal
Magic Stone
Melee Basic
Mind Spike

Encounter:
Camouflage Cloak
Guardian's Counter
Healing Word
Longtooth Shifting
Psionic Vigor
Second Wind
Wind Wall

Daily:
Aspect Of Elevated Harmony
Wall of Thorns

Trained: 11 Athletics, 13 Endurance, 16 Insight, 16 Perception
Untrained: 2 Acrobatics, 5 Arcana, 4 Bluff, 4 Diplomacy, 9 Dungeoneering, 9 Heal, 5 History, 4 Intimidate, 11 Nature, 5 Religion, 2 Stealth, 4 Streetwise, 2 Thievery

Feats:
Hybrid Talent
Heart of the Blade
Melee Training (Wisdom)
Mark of Warding
Longtooth Spirit Shifter

Magic Items:
Belt of Vigor
Boots of Fencing Master
Amulet of Protection +2
Twilight Heavy Shield
Blood Fury Longsword +2
Dragonrider Scale +3
Siberys Shard of the Mage
2 Potions of Healing
Companion Defender
[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Skill Challenge"The Chase" Round 3/3
Rohna, Goliath Fighter 8

The assassin dares a backward glance as he tumbles to avoid a horse coming out of an alley, only to give a shape to the ear-splitting ruckus behind him. The dire boar wrapped in black spiked steel is bearing down on him like he was standing on the tracks of the lightning rail. The wind has turned cold for a while now and steam is pluming out of the seams in the mount's heavy barding, with every stride bringing it closer on his heels. No man could outrun this mounted warrior forever, at least know one mortal.

Rohna has been studying the way the killer has been moving through the city for a few moments now, and think she knows the path this fleet-footed-foe will take next as they approach the lifts. As she rides on, the fighter slings her hammer into a pair of brackets on her saddle. Then in one fluid motion, she pulls the shield from her back and throws it careening down the street like a discus. The heavy round shield banks off a building and then up off an iron balcony as it passes over the assassin's head. The firmly mounted metal structure drastically changes the flight path and sends the shield crashing through the support of an apple cart, its golden delicious cargo rolling smoothly across the entire street. Creating a 20ft wide swath of precarious terrain that the man in black must cross if he wants to get to the lifts, he now feels the hot breath of the giant pig on his neck as he is forced to slow by the obstacle. "You have no chance to escape fiend!" is bellowed down his back as the boar starts casting his massive head from side to side in a motion that seems intended to knock the legs out from under fleeing prey.

[sblock=Combat Actions]Free: Athletics DC26 +2 Creative? (DC 26-28 Success), Speak
Minor: sling Kordestad
Move: Chug along and draw shield
Standard: Throw shield like a discus[/sblock][sblock=Rohna]Rohna—Female Goliath Fighter 8 Resist all 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
AC: 24 (26), Fort: 22, Reflex: 15 (17), Will: 17 — Speed: 5(6), 9 when mounted
HP: 76/76 (0THP), Bloodied: 38, Surge: 19, Surges left: 13/13;
AP: 1/1, Second Wind: Unused, Milestones 0
Powers -
Crushing Surge
Cleave
Pass Forward
Practiced Rider
Passing Strike
Rhino Strike
Hydra Charge
Stone's Endurance
World Speaker's Command
Villain's Menace
Rain of Steel
Speak with Spirits

Vanguard Mordenkrad +2 "Kordestad" (daily)
Flaming Warhammer +1 (daily)
Onyx Dog (daily)
Antipathy Gloves (daily)
[sblock=Pals]Olaf—Dire Boar 6
Resist 10 all; HP 85/85(0THP); Bloodied 42 AC 20; Fortitude 21, Reflex 17, Will 16, Speed 9. Property: Rabid Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher; at-will) Mount; When he charges, Olaf makes a gore attack in addition to Rohna's charge attack. Furious Charge; When Olaf charges, his gore deals an extra 5 damage, pushes the target 2 squares, and knocks the target prone on a hit. Death Strike (when reduced to 0 hit points); Olaf makes a gore attack. Powers: Gore (standard; at-will); +9 vs. AC; 1d10 + 4 damage, or 1d10 + 9 damage against a prone target.

Gretta—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 9/9(4); Bloodied 4

Bite
(standard; at-will)
+7 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage.​
[/sblock][/sblock]OoC: Captain America HOOOOO!

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
GM: [MENTION=48854]Vertexx69[/MENTION] As interesting as a stance on that would be, even if you failed the roll, I wouldn't let Rohna fall the thousands of feet to her death during a skill challenge. ;)

[sblock=ooc]
Really? I think it'd be funny :devil:

Anyways, as there's 3 judges in the adventure, I can judge it [/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
GM: [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION] okay, that's really funny, because the sentence I didn't add in there, but was very tempted to... was 'who do I look like, r1?"

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia groans when she sees how much distance the assassin has on her. But her expression brightens when she notices a couple city guardsmen near her quarry. She clears her throat, takes in a deep breath, and then calls out with an impressively authoritative voice, "Officers! Arrest that man for suspicion of murder!" She sounds more like a drill sergeant then someone who was recently talking about turning into a bat, and the guardsmen instictively begin to follow her order.

[sblock=Actions]Start off with Words of Friendship, giving a +5 power bonus to my next diplomacy check. Then... diplomacy, 35.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Malehan continue to rush toward the assassin. He sees the man will reach the lift before he could catch on him. "Ancestors, answer me."

As the assassin is about to reach the lift he suddenly come to an halt. A ghostly elven figure standing just between him and the lift, blocking his way. As the assassin step aside, the elf step in front of him.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Using my daily utility power: Soul Seeker. If a roll is needed, I'll do it.[/SBLOCK]

rb780nm

First Post
kal'Tarron walks after the fleeing assassin. He is breathing heavily from his exertions, but he tries to calm his heart in order to put on one last sprint after the killer.

OOC:
I dont think I buy my own justification - lucky we've already got enough successes (if I count right)

healing (1d20+12=24)

FourMonos

First Post
GM: @Velmont since the range was 10, you were too far away to use Soul Seeker.

That is a success on the skill challenge, congrats. You have gained time later in the adventure (you'll see) and avoided a surprise round.

The adventurers press the pace and seem to be closing in on the assassin. Rohna, who is in the lead, is surprised to see the assassin stop and converse with some men standing on a street corner. The reason becomes clear when the man in black turns and points directly at the pursuing heroes and then heads off toward the lift.

As you are almost upon the group of men, best described as ruffians, they fan out, cracking knuckles and drawing weapons.

GM: Map is here, please roll initiative and place you hero. Hero's should start at the top of the map, C through F and 1 through 10. Black is building, brown are carts and street vendor stations. Those count as difficult terrain but can also provide partial cover.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The undead knight walked towards the foes tirelessly.
OOC: Init: 30. Cz on the map. Are we assumed to have weapons/shields out at the start or not (need to know what actions he gets).

Remove ads