Assault on Dire Wood

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Dorn laughs at Yann's teasing words. "I'll take all the help I can, being out of practice as I was!"
"Ah?" picked up the giant with some interest. "What have you been doing with yourself lately?"

And: "Hey Ydadoras!" Yann cried with a welcoming smile when he spotted the returning scout (and shadow maiden). "Were there orcs here before, or did they come with the trouble?" By his wide gestures, he meant the cambions when he said 'trouble'. "And they got no provisions, just snacks. Nothing for spending the night either. So..." he grinned, "Maybe they got a campsite nearby?"

OOC: Yann'll take the cloak if nobody else wants it, but he's well covered re defenses so probably best if somebody else does. :)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"Ah?" picked up the giant with some interest. "What have you been doing with yourself lately?"

"Being under the spell of a beautiful fey, and travelling!" Dorn says with a smirk. "Not that I'm complaining, mind you! I'll tell you more around a campfire, preferably with some ale, and more beautiful fey, although I'll settle for elf-ladies!" Dorn says laughing, forgetting temporarily the seriousness of the moment. He'll then get closer to Ydadoras and pays close attention to her response to Yann's comments.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Looking at the knick-knacks and curios, Bumble picked up the longsword and hefted it two-handed. She waved it around over her head and laughed.
"Just kidding!"

"Honestly, nothing here is particularly useful to me. You all take your pick,"

River Song

Explorer
"There are plenty of these," Ydadoras states, kicking one of the dead orcs for effect. "around here. Mostly they come from the mountains to the east to raid. They have the odd stronghold around the edge of the forest. These other ones I have not seen in the flesh before, I have only heard of them through our Loremasters."

Looking about the magic items, "Like little mother here, I have no interest in these apart from the fact I recognise the sword and ring. They belonged to Eionas Silverheart, an elvish Paladin who lead one of the forays into the forest." His expression takes on a mournful countenance, "I believe we know now that he is dead."

"Yann, you are right. There may be a camp nearby and these may have been a patrol." he gives a thin tight smile. "Though, if they were a patrol then we might be seeing more of these around. I saw no signs of a cache nearby but the trail does go south-west of here. So they may have an encampment." He looks up at the sky, gauging the time of day. "I am not sure how long we have till they are missed but the trail pretty much lead straight here."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Ah, poor guy..." sympathized Yann upon hearing about Eionas. He clasped the elf's shoulder... "You want his blade, shadow lass?" He presented quiet Rikka with the grip of the elven longsword. "Seems sort of right for one of you two to have it..."

Once that's decided, Large Yann clapped his thighs as he got up: "Well? Should we go have a looksee at that camp, heroes?" He stretched massive shoulders, grinning: "Ha! It'll be fun to see how big and organized these guys are!"

A devil-orc base should definitively be something that's marked on their growing map!

OOC: Yann will take the cape and any unclaimed magic items for storage. If somebody wants to do something with the bodies, he'll help with that too.

Last edited:

Skarsgard

Explorer
"I agree, they will miss their patrol at some stage. At the moment they know nothing of our presence, but that will change when these do not return."

Motioning to Ydadoras and Rikka, "Can you shadow the path with any certainty and get us there unobserved?"

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Motioning to Ydadoras and Rikka, "Can you shadow the path with any certainty and get us there unobserved?"

Dorn takes a careful look at the facial features of one of the fallen orcs, and replies "I think I could also be of some help with that". Smiling, his human face and the rest of his body, including clothes, changes to that of the orc for a few seconds, before reverting back to his normal self.

We found her sword and ring ... now we need to find the body of the elven maiden.
They probably hold her body in their camp unless they fed her remains to vultures.

Kesem says from the top of his horse and scout the sky.

3SpdDragster

First Post
Ydadoras and Rikka lead the group south west, mirroring the path taken by the patrol but staying some one hundred feet from it. Every now and again they quickly dart out to the trail to confirm their bearings before leading the group on. The pace is cautious and the vegetation, though thick, is nowhere near as thick as it was near the edge of the forest.

OOC: Could I have perception checks please, highlight any special considerations for hearing, put them in the OOC thread if you could.

Remove ads