Assault on Dire Wood

pathfinderq1

First Post
At Yann's offer of the longsword, Rikka simply shook her head and pointed to the lighter blade slung at her hip.

Once they were back on the trail, she kept moving even more than she had been before, and her hand stayed very close to the hilt of her sword. It seemed likely that the presence of the demonic creatures had her very much on edge...

3SpdDragster

First Post
Ydadoras and Rikka wove through the woods with practised ease, they worked in concert, covering each other as they made their respective bounds to cover. They both looked at each other as they caught the hint of smoke on the breeze and froze.

Bumble and Dorn saw the scouts stop suddenly ahead and moments later caught a whiff of smoke as well.

Somewhere ahead someone had lit a fire.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Meanwhile, Loud Yann had been taking advantage of Dorn's proximity to pass the time and (softly) continue their conversation of past events: "And after THAT little adventure, well we've been trying to get back to the Sea of Swords ever since! You'd think I could just let myself roll down to the shore or something, but - Ha! - even with the Kesem Raz helping me, there's somehow ALWAYS something to drag me back here! Look at last week: whole caravan, three wagons, me and the Careful Mage over there on easy guard duty: What could go wrong, ah?"

He grinned in anticipation of the telling: "Well barely out of Silverymoon and into the moors when BAM fire arrows start raining down: it's the dreaded Mahar Raiders come WAY south just for us! I can practically still smell the smoke!"

(Apparently unknown to him, a small, spectral squirrel has somehow climbed unto his broad shoulder and is gazing about, occasionally cleaning its cheeks and whiskers.)

pathfinderq1

First Post
Rikka nodded at Ydadoras' suggestion. She pulled her chalk and slate from her jacket and wrote quickly. "YOU OR ME. WE SPEAK ORCISH, AND MIGHT BE ABLE TO HEAR IF WHOEVER IS THERE SPEAKS IT. THE OTHERS SHOULD BE READY TO STRIKE- WE CANNOT WAIT LONG"

Skarsgard

Explorer
Bumble nods and remembering Ydadoras' rage in relation to the orcs, thought that maybe Rikka might be a calmer choice.

"Good idea Rikka, maybe you can go have a look and Ydadoras and Dorn can keep an eye out around here?"

The sage knows nothing in battle or scouting so he just follow orders and waits for situations where he can help. Kesem stays in the back, readies himself for anything that might pop from behind the trees - all he need is someone to get close to him when he will use his greatest weapon - talking.

Remove ads