D&D 5E Astral Wars: A New Hope

Rogerd1

Adventurer
You could use the Modrons as agents of the God-Machine (CoD), and maybe have the Modron Confederacy as those that have sought independence but are all under one banner.

Illithids would be the Great Enemy.

Though my idea only really works if the planes are of various sizes(like Lords of Gossamer), such that it would turn into something akin to an MtG type game.

You could have planes of all sorts, for example a L5R type plane of Feudal Japan, a Wuxia type fantasy, Greek fantasy etc; those planes geared to science fiction would galaxy sized (or galactic cluster).

You would need to tinker with the cosmology. Kind of in the process of writing some stuff up in word which is available if anyone wants a copy.

Last edited:

Rogerd1

Adventurer
All these ideas are making me realize that Star Wars was actually pretty limited. The Empire and the Sith as this ONE BIG ENEMY, when there could have been so much to explore and fight against.

This is my entry on my DnD sheet for planes. There are literally trillions of them littered across the multiverse. Most start at either a few feet across to solar system in size.; although there are some that are galaxy or even whole galactic clusters - but these are rare. They all have their own gods, and afterlives – some of which are positively grim.

So you could literally have a plane of Atlantis, Lemuria, Ryleh; planes for Titans (Monsterverse Godzilla), and Kaiju (Pacific Rim) which may, or may not, be Old Ones.....

So you could have various species that have their own planes, all to themselves. Maybe the Gith killed everything on theirs?

So my Atlantis is similar to Rifts, with an element of MCU Asgardians.

Last edited:

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
All these ideas are making me realize that Star Wars was actually pretty limited. The Empire and the Sith as this ONE BIG ENEMY, when there could have been so much to explore and fight against.
A game set during The Rise of the Republic would be interesting. A bunch of cultural regions interacting with each other (or holding each other at arms-length) but not unified. And a much larger "Unknown Regions" that flanks "Known Space" instead of vice-versa.

Remove ads