At Least 4 Months For Conversion Documents

Those waiting for official conversion documents from earlier editions of D&D to 5th edition are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those waiting for official conversion documents from earlier editions of D&D to 5th edition are going to have to wait a bit longer. WotC's Mike Mearls says that "the person who needs to do the final approvals on them is serving on a jury that will take another 4 or so months. Sorry!" So it looks like we're talking July/August at the earliest. Thanks to Adrian for the scoop.

Belisarius76

Banned
Banned
Is this a serious question? Sorry, but conversions "normally" work either way.

exactly right, 2e already has every single monster etc catalogued, whereas 5e through the Monster Manual has select monsters atm, I presume they will add another book to the range in time with more catalogued.
There is no need to convert 5e to 2e, you merely use the 2e rule system and the new storyline, no brainer. Let's hope he wasn't trolling for edition wars arguments.

SirAntoine

Banned
Banned
exactly right, 2e already has every single monster etc catalogued, whereas 5e through the Monster Manual has select monsters atm, I presume they will add another book to the range in time with more catalogued.
There is no need to convert 5e to 2e, you merely use the 2e rule system and the new storyline, no brainer. Let's hope he wasn't trolling for edition wars arguments.

I'd let him speak for himself. I read your comment as negative, though. I would only reply to learn if you meant to be rude or insulting. There are plenty of things I would use a conversion from 5e to 2e for.

SteeleC

First Post
I'd let him speak for himself. I read your comment as negative, though. I would only reply to learn if you meant to be rude or insulting. There are plenty of things I would use a conversion from 5e to 2e for.

I did not intend to be rude or insulting. The question remains - what would you need to convert from 5e to 2e?

And to answer the original question, no - there are no official conversion guidelines from 5e to 2e. I don't expect there ever will be short of reversing the 2e to 5e guidelines if/when they come out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Belisarius76

Banned
Banned

It's replied to the wrong person from the article thread, but anyway. You take it how you wish mate, if you want that comment to be negative, you go for it, your pretty "precious" if you do, no wonder we have free speech under attack across the West, with so many whingers and whiners. {not editing, get over it - free speech, was nothing short of pathetic to try and start something out of nothing by SirAntione}

Getting back to it, why would you want to convert 5e back to 2e anyway baseline? And secondly as I said above, you already have every single 2e book published quite clearly available. So for example if you purchased the 5e Starter Set, and ran "Lost Mine of Phandelver", they have all the monsters/NPCs in the back mostly, but if some are missing, they are covered in the 5e Monster Manual (which is limited in scope compared to previous Monster Manuals). So it is an absolutely easy as {edit} to open up a 2e core book monster manual and just use those stats instead? Why would you need to reverse convert? It doesn't make sense. It's nothing to do with negativity {edit}.

Last edited by a moderator:

SirAntoine

Banned
Banned
This isn't wizards.com, but conversion rules for bringing content from later editions into previous editions should be something 5th Edition and every edition to come have. I could hardly pick a more vital part I want to see.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm on a phone right now, getting pinged with reported posts while trying to watch Better Call Saul, so my ability to deal with this properly is limited; but those of you who have called others trolls, whiners, whingers, or evaded the profanity filter with asterisks, do not post again in this thread. Those of the rest of you who feel S.A.'s question is invalid in some way, think of some non-obnoxious way to discuss it politely with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads