• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aundair raiders - Game started.

ethandrew

First Post
Okay, so I had a few moments tonight to write down something real quick like. Let me know how this works to start.

It all came down to this: months of training, years of inevitabilities, lives of anticipation. Their training had brought them to this point. It had brought them from lands around Aundair, each man with a unique story to tell; loved ones they have lost, enemies they have made. They all received the same training each soldier got these days, the crash course in killing Thranish blasphemers. But the platoon aboard this low-flying airship had been subject to more training than most, the focal point being their next act, the singular moment that had stirred in each a primal fear coupled with the excitement of battle.

The sky was black. Wind whipped at their faces as the breakneck speed of this mystical ship tore through the night. A far-off explosion lit up countless more ships much like the one upon this brave platoon currently stood. It would not be as easy as they had hoped, but nothing came easy these days, in these lives.

A bright flash erupted to their starboard side, every reflex reeling them left, away from the instantaneous boom and rush of intense heat. The crack of wood was only drowned out by the screams of not-so-distant men as an airship flying a few hundred feet parallel came barreling down to the ground.

“Five minutes 'til drop!” came the shout from the Captain, cementing the fear of doom lingering in the back of every soldier of the 51st Airborne’s mind.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Sounds nice. Could solve one of the possible problems. I could NPC the captain of the ship, leaving y'all free to drop off the ship and do your nast stuff. Offcourse, should anyone accidentaly have a suitable dragonmark... Whatever you want to play, I guess.

ethandrew

First Post
We could play here, but I was just writing out our backhistory, so in my mind this happened a few years back in our very first mission. That's just all I wrote out as of last night. I have a little bit more written already. What I was trying to do is write out to the point where we are currently, going over our history as the 51st Airborne. This was just step one.

Jemal

Adventurer
I do like the idea of DrZaius.. ER, I mean DrZombie (;)) playing the captain of our little ship that gets us from Point A to Point Z.

ethandrew

First Post
That would be pretty cool if we had the same captain who floated us in our first battle. He could be our contact between command as well, giving us missions if need be.

Anyway, I wrote a little more out, finished this little intro. Feel free to edit, add, supplement whatever you feel. This is not my effort, but our's as a group.

It all came down to this: months of training, years of inevitabilities, lives of anticipation. Their training had brought them to this point. It had brought them from lands around Aundair, each man with a unique story to tell; loved ones they have lost, enemies they have made. They all received the same training each soldier got these days, the crash course in killing Thranish blasphemers. But the platoon aboard this low-flying airship had been subject to more training than most, the focal point being their next act, the singular moment that had stirred in each a primal fear coupled with the excitement of battle.

The sky was black. Wind whipped at their faces as the breakneck speed of this mystical ship tore through the night. A far-off explosion lit up countless more ships much like the one upon this brave platoon currently stood. It would not be as easy as they had hoped, but nothing came easy these days, in these lives.

A bright flash erupted to their starboard side, every reflex reeling them left, away from the instantaneous boom and rush of intense heat. The crack of wood was only drowned out by the screams of not-so-distant men as the airship flying a few hundred feet parallel came barreling down to the ground.

“Five minutes ‘til drop!” came the shout from the Captain, cementing the fear of doom lingering in the back of every soldier of the 51st Airborne’s mind.

The ship rocked back and forth in response to every concussive blast. More ships fell as soot stained the faces of those near the edge. The landscape displayed in perpetual light emitted by colossal torches.

“Line up in jump order!” a voice shouted, penetrating their senses and snapping them back to the task at hand. Chaos coalesced into order as the 51st Airborne broke into action, each soldier finding their place, ready for their turn.

As each readied to jump, the captain’s mate would tap them all in turn with a wand, prompted a short one hundred foot drop to the ground below. If one was lucky it would take a matter of seconds to reach the relative safety of secure footing, but luck was never with the 51st.

One soldier would jump after another; a cascading ripple of Aundairian’s finest. This was precisely the moment their hidden foes were waiting for, as they began to dispel the slowing affect on some of the soldiers. These were the first of the 51st to die as they plummeted the rest of the distance in an instant.

However, only a few needlessly fell to their demise, the rest touching down safely. Looking up to the sky above, one would be treated to a majestic horizon of ships, floating men, and fire, a visual memory one ought never forget. The horror of an occasional dispelling would segue into a scream cut short by the force of impact and a pang of disappointment at another loss. Grouping quickly, the brave Aundairians raced into action with precision and a hunger to avenge those who preceded them in death in these seconds, months, and years prior.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads