• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aundair raiders - Game started.

DrZombie

First Post
All seems well so far. Have added a rogue gallery here

Those who feel like it : a page of backstory about things the company did during or after the war, involving several PC's, is worth 1000 XP to the writer. Have fun :D .

Jemal

Adventurer
Two things : First, that rogues gallery is in the Talking the Talk forum.

Secondly, I'm very much against giving bonus XP for something that's only accessable to 1 person. It tends to cause hard feelings over "I think mine's better but he posted his quicker so he gets the XP".

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Jemal said:

Secondly, I'm very much against giving bonus XP for something that's only accessable to 1 person. It tends to cause hard feelings over "I think mine's better but he posted his quicker so he gets the XP".

I agree. I can write us some shared background but I won't do it for XP. I'll write it if I happen to have too much spare-time on my hands. Ok. It's weekend coming so I probably won't get anything done, but if no-one has made anything by monday I will get to it.

ethandrew

First Post
I work a 10 hour day on saturday with about 15 minutes of actual work that I need to get done. So if people want to throw out a bunch of ideas or suggestions, I'll try and see if I can't write something down. Granted I won't have my books with me, but that should be fine.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
try to implement the idea that when we got serious (elite) we were given some cool nickname, which became something like semi-official as time passed by. I liked "The Dousers" you suggested earlier.

Jemal

Adventurer
Allright, I'm in the process of creating Gillian Thunderscale, Dragonborn(Previously Halfling) Warlock 5/Enlightened Spirit 1.

Dragonborn is from Races of Dragon, as are one or two feats I'm thinking of taking. Rest of my sources will be Complete Arcane, Complete Mage, and the core books.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
As for party background - Gillian started as a Halfling Warlock and was one for probably most of our career together. I'm thinking her change of heart is recent :
a portion of the group was lost in a fight against an Evil dragon (Or the servant of one). Shortly thereafter, she devoted herself to their memory and became a Dragonborn (Which would also be when and why she took the Enlightened Spirit PrC).

Last edited:

Eryndur

Explorer
Regarding the 51st's background, I think it needs to have a pervasive sense of the horror of a war of attrition. That's why I mentioned the Vigilant/Valiant front. Fighting over meaningless scraps of land would provide the group with a lovely sense of bitterness and cynicism, but also with an unbreakable bond of friendship. Working as an elite strike force, and with both the Aundairian High Command and the everyday grunts taking notice of our propensity for producing Thranish corpses, we gained the nickname I suggested: The Dousers.

Oh, and don't forget to include airship drops, or else it would be stupid to call us the 51st Airborne. ;)

DrZombie

First Post
Jemal said:

I think you misunderstand me : anyone, now or in the future, who writes a good backgroundstory about the PC's will get 1000 XP. It gives the PC a bit more cohesion.

Jemal

Adventurer
My apologies, it sounded like it was "first person to come up with something"...
There is still the minor detail that we each have to work our backstories around the backstories of other characters, however. For example, My backstory says much of the company was killed in a fight with a dragon, meaning someone else can't post that we've never fought a dragon, etc..

How about we all just work together to come up with stuff?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads