• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aundair raiders - Game started.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
ethandrew said:
I like it, Blackrat! The Dead Men being wraiths, it's perfect!

Yeah. I was thinking on how a rumour would go: So a Thranish spy hears something about a squad called the Dead Men. He tells this to his superiors and some trooper happens to hear it by accident. He tells about it to his comrades and when there is some strange attack they all remember about the "undead" squad of Aundairians. And 'cause it's so well organized it can't possibly be the file-and-rank skeletons and zombies those Karnathi have. They must be something greater. So someone gets in head that they must be ghosts or wraiths or whatnot and tells this to his friends, who tell it onward, and onward untill it somehow turns to a well known "fact" and comes to the ears of a spy of High Priest of Dol Arrah, who goes and informs his superior in Fairhaven that the army is secretly using powerful undead squadrons. :lol: . I had uber-fun time devicing this. :D :]

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
So what's the breakdown of the group? How many melee, spellcasters, ranged characters do we have? My character has got crazy Diplomacy skills, but what other avenues do we have covered? I'll start.

Human Marshall - Ranged
10+ Skills: Diplomacy, Bluff, Sense Motive

Drerek

First Post
Elf Sorcerer 1/Fighter 4--Archer support.
Can grab wizard wands/scrolls and use them if needed.
Spells: Feather Fall, True Strike.
Longspear for 10' melee.

Mista Collins

First Post
If we have someone with mad skill points in Diplomacy, I might change my concept a bit to be more of a Kinetic powerhouse. My original concept had diplomacy of +18 before the Circlet of Persuasion I was thinking of getting.

+10 skills: Bluff*, Diplomacy, Gather Info, Sense Motive, Knowledge (psionics)
*w/ Circlet of Persuasion
Powers Known: Mindlink, Force Screen, Astral Construct, Mind Thrust, Deja Vu, Energy Arc, Matter Agitation, Recall Agony, Concussion Blast, Read Thoughts, Suggestion, Crisis of Breath, Energy Burst.

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
Mista Collins said:
If we have someone with mad skill points in Diplomacy, I might change my concept a bit to be more of a Kinetic powerhouse. My original concept had diplomacy of +18 before the Circlet of Persuasion I was thinking of getting.

I'm getting a +22 from Skill Focus, Negotiator, +6 Synergy, Maxed out Ranks and an 18 Charisma. For my auras, I've also got Motivate Charisma, which will give me another +4. So I've got a base +26 with that aura active. If you go the same route, Mista, you would have a +25 with my aura.

Jemal

Adventurer
Gillian Thunderscale, Dragonborn Warlock/Enlightened Spirit
Ranged Artillery. AC 23, Flight speed 50, ranged touch attack + 9/3d6 damage(range: 250')
Skills: Bluff(+10/5), Diplomacy(+18/9), Knowledge: Planes(+10/8), Sense Motive(+5/5), Use Magic Device(+10/5) (4 more skill points)

If we've allready got two good diplomats, I could split those points somewhere else.

doghead

thotd
Drerek said:
I like Vow of Poverty in theory, but I've tried it and the gamer in me just cringes and screams when it comes time to divvy up the loot. :)

The gamer in me loved VoP. No more 101 dodads in the equipment list. No more feeling like a walking christmas tree of magical bangles.

Er, apologies for busting in like that. Nice game you have here, btw. I've always been a fan of games built around tight knit groups. And looks like you guys are really nailing it.

Anyways, back to the shadows.

... a wraith squad. I wonder how that would work ...

doghead
aka thotd

Autumn

First Post
Eryndur said:
Anyone read any of Erickson's Malazan Book of the Fallen? If so, "Bridgeburners" is the sort of seemingly innocuous yet ultimately badass name I'm looking for.

Indeed, I'm a big fan. And actually your initial thoughts on the game reminded me very much of his conceptual style, which was what enticed me to join. Nice to be confirmed in my initial impressions that you were influenced by him. :)

ethandrew[/quote said:
Are you going to be doing anything similar to Arast here? because if you are, I could always hunt down the 10th level version of your Archivist while you're out.

Ah, sorry I didn't see this before I left. :\

Anyway I appreciate the thought but no, this isn't intended to be Arast v2.0 or anything. Same class, but otherwise about as different as you can get. :)

I'm loving everything I see so far as far as the group's background goes. It's all exactly what I was expecting and hoping for. I love The Dead Men as our nickname, though I did like The Dousers as well. I'll do my best to get my character written up along with a contribution to the background material over the next couple of days.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads