• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aundair raiders - Game started.

DrZombie

First Post
Woohoo, those brains are really humming.

For starts : I'll allow almost anything from the WotC books. We've got about 8 interested players, so I'll close recruiting. Probably one or two will never show up, so that leaves us with about six.

The concept : you were all in the same platoon, at first as cannonfodder, but as the war progressed and you kept survinging you became something of an elite unit, working behind enemy lines or in the thights spots of a battle.

Starting level : 1d4+3, Eryndur 1d4+4 (invisiblecastle using your ENworld name)
32 pt point buy.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Ok. My starting level is 5

I'm currently writing the background. Still bit debating with myself if I go with the poverty or not. There are pros and cons with both.

Autumn

First Post
Starting level = 5 here also. :)

Looks like I'll be going with an Archivist. Still debating with myself whether to throw in a splash of some other class... we'll see!

Jemal

Adventurer
My concepts are either a Kalashtar Psion/Pyrokineticist or a human(maybe half-elf) Melee Warlock.
Level roll: 6

As far as background is concerned, that will depend on which I go with..

BTW, i compiled a list of suggested concepts so far.. there's actually 11 interested people.

Autumn - Archivist
Blackrat - Shaolin Monk
Drerek - Loremaster or Arcane Archer.
Eryndur - Paladin/Grayguard
Ethandrew - Human Marshal
James Heard - Some sort of noble.
Jemal - Psion/Pyro or melee Warlock
Kaodi - Expressed interest, no char. concept.
Mista Collins -Telepath Psion
ShaggySpellsword - Fighter/mage
Voda Vosa - Warforged Artificer

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Level Roll: 6

Since no one else has stepped up to play a Lyrandar who can fly the boat, I will lock myself in with that concept.

So, do you ease the alignment restriction on Bards?

I will end up as a: (Bard 4/Knight 2; Bard 5/Fighter 1 ; Sorcerer 4/Knight 2; Sorcerer 5/Fighter 1; Wizard 4/Knight 2; or Wizard 5/Fighter 1). I will lay with the options and see what I can come up with.

Jemal

Adventurer
Ease it? the alignment restriction is only non-lawful, same as Barbarian and less restrictive than Druid, Monk, or Paladin.
A lawful (Orderly/strict/whatever) bard just seems wrong to me. (Course then again, so does a lawful rogue, but THAT is apparently ok. *shrug*)

Blackrat

[sblock=Jael Shaez]

The Per-Medja of Dragonhawk was situated just outside Thaliost. It had been there for three centuries, founded by elven monks. There was three schools in the monastery: The Mages, the Arcane Archers and the Dance of Dragonhawk (A fighting style that seems like dancing). During the first occupation of Thaliost the monastery stayed neutral but during the second occupation they began secretly teaching farmers the art of the Dance. And when Thaliost was freed they swore an oath to protect the city if it ever came under siege again. It did, and the forces of the monastery proved their worth in fight but eventually they were defeated. Only few survided and even them only because they were too injured to fight anymore and were carried away by the withdrawing militia. Among them were Jael Shaez and his brother/cousin. After they recovered Jael and the few other monks who still knew the Dance began teaching a new spec-ops team. But when the call came to take back Thalios Jael instantly volunteered. After the failed missions he was assigned with his brother/cousin to the 51st Airborne Infantry Platoon, later to be known as the Dead Men. There Jael befriended his brothers-in-arms.

After the war he bacame a hermit. Resigning to live in solitude and practise the meditation techniques of Grand Master Elendur. He was the last living student of the Grand Master and became determined to keep his lifework alive. But by the time he was called back to Adal's Blade, now a special ops team of Royal Eyes, he had realized that as long as the fall of Thaliost burned his mind he could never find inner peace. And so he rejoined his friends.

Jael is quiet elf of about 170 years of age. From time to time he can be quite cryptic when talkin (think of zen-monks), but he isn't a master so he isn't yet ready to start teaching the way of Grand Master Elendur. That means that mostly he will try to be understandable :D .[/sblock]

I went and numbered (51st infantry platoon of Northern Army) and named (Adal's Blade) our platoon, but it is still up for change if someone disapproves. I think most knows but for those who don't: First Warlord Adal is the queen's brother and the loudest voice planning the retake of Thaliost.

The fighting style: Dance of Dragonhawk, I planned to be something like Shaolin mixed with Capoeira mixed with use of staff :confused: (Yeah, it sounds a bit messy to me too :lol: ). Just for everyone to get a mental image if/when Jael is forced to actually fight.

Last edited:

Blackrat

So Drerek. Gonna go with brother for Jael? You are welcome to use anything from my background and I am open to changing most anything if you have suggestions.

Remove ads