• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Aura Party" in Play

Dracandross

First Post
Yep ya really miss bard & marshal. But on top of that you should pick leadership feat to get extra partymembers. With all those auras you are really going to hit with it even as cohorts are two levels lower. We have in our campaing a marshal 2 / bard 4 cohort who just keeps on chanting or spellcasting. Specially with +chant feat and spell

Another nice thing to waste feats are those turn undead powered ones. Theres lots of ways to affect multiple members. For example get that pally/marshal whose turns wont do a :):):):) but they will kick nicely with feat. Depending on what you need theres good ways to get healing/more dmg/hit those incorporeals/etc.

-Dracandross

Wrathamon

Adventurer
I am going to start playing a Bard Marshal Mythic Exemplar soon... the PRC is in Complete Champion and one of the six increases Bard and Marshal abilities (and spell casting).

:)

Wrathamon

Adventurer
blargney the second said:
What did they do to the Divine Mind? One of our players just started playing one as well.
-blarg

I am not sure if it is as weak as everyone says but I was surprised it didnt have Full BaB.

If I was going to make a change that would be it. Keep it simple.

or change the way they switch auras and change the area of effect of the auras.

Patlin

Explorer
Last night we completed the most recent episode in Aura Party's story. We're all 7th level now.

The warblade was rejoicing in her new strike, which deals a bonus 4d6 damage and leaves her target flat footed. Also, she now does her int bonus as additional damage against flanked and flat footed opponents. She still, however, has not been able to use her iron heart surge or moment of perfect mind abilities. We did have a will save to make, but she was flat footed at the time... but maybe we screwed that up by failing to consider uncanny dodge? Can a character with uncanny dodge always use immediate actions? Also, Iron Heart Surge might have been usefull, but the DM ruled "permanent" was not a duration. Personally, I think "instantaneous" is not, but permanent is. Anyway, he wouldn't allow the warblade to remove blindness with it.

The Divine Mind seemed to play exactly the same as previously, as did the Dragon Shaman.

The Duskblade managed to use a quickened true strike to anihilate an enemy even while blind, which was very cool. She also used shocking grasp a bunch of times for some good damage in conjunction with her melee attack.

My Druid got several opportunities to use woodland stride, including one circumstance in which he prevented a raging Barbarian from even engaging the party by means of the Plant Growth spell. Very much enjoyed 4d6 fiery bursts instead of 2d6. I'm continuing to love changing shape with great frequency. I was looking at the Druid chart realizing that a normal Druid can only chabge form 3 times per day at level 7. I must change forms 5 times per combat!

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Someone said:
Uncanny dodge does what it does, and no more. "Permanent" is a duration, though.

Agree. Dex to AC is good enough -- you don't get AoOs or similar just from Uncanny Dodge. And Permanent is certainly a duration.

Cheers, -- N

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads