Kickstarter Australian Animals Miniatures Kickstarter

photo-main.jpg

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know about a Kickstarter that is helping out the Blood Bowl tournament that I run. It is the Australian Animal Miniatures Kickstarter.

Between my tourrnament and another Australian tournament we've made a large number of awesome Aussie animals as tournament support over the years. We now got enough to create full teams out of them. However, due to their limited nature, many of them are really hard to get hold of and can be expensive when you do.

So, as a once off, the 2 tournaments and 3 miniature companies have joined together to make all the miniatures available again via this Kickstarter.

The minis available include a Koala that you can customise to wield a flaming can of beer, a hunting knife or a weed wacker, a platypus that can be customised to wield a hockey mask and chainsaw, or a boomerang (amongst other things), a dingo that can be customised to carry a baby and a Kangaroo that you can arm with boxing gloves or a street sign.

Now obviously most people on EN World aren't Blood Bowl players. However, I could certainly see many of these minis fitting in perfectly with a Gamma World game or similarly wacky post-apocolyptic game, or maybe even a game of Toon!

The Kickstarter ends on March 14. The target and first stretch goal has already been met. The next aim is to unlock a knife wielding Frilled Neck Lizard! :)

Olaf the Stout

No worries. Can you play something besides turtles in TMNT and other strangeness? I've never had the urge to play that myself.

I think several of these minis would be perfect for Gamma World though.

Olaf the Stout

Fox Lee

Explorer
Awww, I saw the thread and thought it would be more beasts/animal companions type stuff. If there were a project with, say, a Tasmanian Devil, Thylacine, Wombat, Quoll and Carnifex, I would simply have to give them all my money.

Still totally awesome though. Mind you, if you're doing wacky/comedy Aussie critters, you GOTTA do a fat cranky wombat! :D

[EDIT]Nevermind, I see wombat now. YESSSS[/EDIT]

(Come to think of it, a Cassowary by all rights ought to be one of the most terrifying animal companions available. I guess you could just glue feathers to an upsized velociraptor? :p)

Last edited:

Remove ads