• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Authors of the past you would like to see again

Brakkart

First Post
Morrow said:
Bruce Heard and Aaron Allston

Yes to both of these, the rocks that basic D&D stood on for a good few years. I'd also love to see Carl Sargent back (cos Night Below and his Greyhawk books were/are fantastic). And as I'm a major fan of the Forgotten Realms I'd love to see Steven E. Schend's name back on a cover.

Ohh yeah, and the Kargatane back writing the Gazeteers for the Ravenloft line!

And last but not least, Ted James Thomas Zuvich who wrote some great Dungeon adventures. I've run his "A Hot Day in L'Trel" 3 times now, love it!

Richards

Legend
I wouldn't mind seeing Gregory Detwiler, Spike Y. Jones, or Paul F. Culotta back in print in the pages of Dragon and/or Dungeon again.

Johnathan

BWP

Explorer
Paul Jaquays, Rudy Kraft and Ken Ralston all did terrific work with RuneQuest material, and Jaquays also wrote terrific D&D adventures, not to mention one of my favourite adventures ever -- The Enchanted Wood, for DragonQuest. My gaming group played in that adventure for months and we all felt a little saddened when it was finally completed ....

Gentlegamer

Adventurer
grodog said:
Col H, you're thinking of Frank Mentzer. Roger E. Moore is long-gone after being laid off by WotC: he quit gaming and hasn't looked back (so far as I know; the last I heard from him was at least 18+ months ago).
Maybe the Dragonsfoot folks could find Roger and see if he'd like to join the other old-timers in a Q&A or some such . . .

Remove ads