Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game Kickstarter is live!

The Kickstarter for Magpie Games' Avatar: Legends RPG has launched and is hurtling towards $1M in its opening hours. Set in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and The Legend of Korra, this tabletop roleplaying game includes a free quickstart which you can download today. Update — it hit $1M in the first few hours, making it the fastest ever TTRPG Kickstarter to do so. Update -- after...

The Kickstarter for Magpie Games' Avatar: Legends RPG has launched and is hurtling towards $1M in its opening hours. Set in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and The Legend of Korra, this tabletop roleplaying game includes a free quickstart which you can download today.

Update — it hit $1M in the first few hours, making it the fastest ever TTRPG Kickstarter to do so.

Update -- after less than two days, it has made over $2.3M, already making it the biggest TTRPG Kickstarter ever (with nearly a month yet to go!)

9981ccd83ca099727cc5c12299cc7d7a_original.jpg

Avatar Legends: The RPG is a heroic fantasy game set in the universe of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra in which you and your friends take on the role of young heroes from across the Four Nations who have joined together to make the world a better place. It’s a game for people of all ages who want to look at the world beyond the scope of the existing stories and explore the meaningful actions heroes take for the good of others.

Skywalker

Adventurer
Now what about backers? As of now it's at 18,213. Which puts it in the #3 spot. Behind Colville's two Kickstarters with 19,033 for Kingdoms & Warfare and 28,918 for Strongholds & Followers. It shouldn't take long to beat the first one. At the rate it's been going, it might not take too long to beat the second. Best of luck you mad ladies and lads.
Just passed 22,000 backers.

TrainedMunkee

Explorer
Critical Role is doing an ad for Avatar Kickstarter right now.
As I said before that's their crowd right there. Very smart marketing.

As Umbran said, they make up the majority of the D&D crowd now. Grognards that complain about the current trajectory of D&D, need to understand this. Wizards is well aware of the changing dynamic. Millennials are much more woke. They are the purchasing future of this country. The Critical Roll folks aren't millionaires by accident.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Woah. $3,000,159 and 24,907 backers.

Three million dollars raised in just three (or is it four?) days...the project is 6000% funded, and still has 27 days to go. It's far and above the most successful Kickstarter project for a tabletop roleplaying game...and by the time the campaign ends, it will likely double (possibly even triple) the previous record.

I can't even process those numbers. My brain would start throwing sparks out of my ears if that were my bank account.

If there were any lingering doubts about whether or not crowdsourcing is the future of indie game publishing...well, I think this should clear that up.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads