Avenger's Infinity War *Spoiler* Discussion

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I wonder what the next film’s title will be. “Avengers Assemble” seems appropriate but almost too optimistic given the current state of things.

I think that’s what the first Avengers film was called here in the UK. To avoid confusion with the Avengers stuff in the 60s.

IMG_3509.JPG

There was a more recent "Avengers" movie based on that show. Don't remember much except for the thousands of mechanical killer bees.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So it’s the original 6 Avengers plus War Machine and Rocket, and possibly Ant-Man and Wasp (although I have a feeling their post credit scene may involve one of them turning to dust). And certainly Captain Marvel, although exactly how she fits into it is a bit unclear. Supposedly, her film takes place years ago in the MCU. So perhaps she’ll arrive in the present day MCU somehow? Or she’ll simply be older and come out of retirement. We’ll see.

I wonder what the next film’s title will be. “Avengers Assemble” seems appropriate but almost too optimistic given the current state of things.

Avengers Assemble would be a truely awesome name for the last movie, optimism may be a good thing since we would assume that the finale will be the last hurrah that defeats Thanos, restores the losses and launches the future MCU, Maybe Avengers Re-Assembled if they need an alternative :)

2, I'm assuming that Captain Marvel comes back from deep space (she can survive in space and fly at light speed) and that she hasn't aged much due to her cosmic powers

3. Valkyrie is whereabouts unknown and Pepper could don the Rescue Armour to come and find Tony.

I wonder why everybody doesn’t have Mjolnir+ level artifacts. According to giant Tyrion, it only takes a few minutes and one guy to make one when the forge is running.

because even giant dwarfs are greedy bustards who don't turn on the dying star forge for anyone except Asgardian royalty. Besides I don't think Uru metal is particularly abundant or easy to forge (hence the need for afore mentioned dying star channeled through a Thunder gods pectoral muscles)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
because even giant dwarfs are greedy bustards who don't turn on the dying star forge for anyone except Asgardian royalty. Besides I don't think Uru metal is particularly abundant or easy to forge (hence the need for afore mentioned dying star channeled through a Thunder gods pectoral muscles)

Do they only work when Thor turns up?

I thought the implication was that there were loads of giant dwarves forging stuff and an active star, but Thanos killed them all last week and turned off the forge.

They didn’t all just hang around for millennia waiting for Thor did they?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
At the end of Star Wars the Death Star is destroyed - how is that a really good strategic position for the Empire?

Part one ended with Qui-gon dead and the Sith master elected as leader of the Republic. By part 4, things were beginning to turn around.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Do they only work when Thor turns up?

I thought the implication was that there were loads of giant dwarves forging stuff and an active star, but Thanos killed them all last week and turned off the forge.

They didn’t all just hang around for millennia waiting for Thor did they?

while the others dwarfs were workers (was it 300?) I took the scene to mean that only Eitri was able to design the weapons that could contain the enchantments - I'm basing that on three lines
Eitri - I made what he wanted: a device capable of harnessing the power of the stones
Thanos (via Eitri)- 'Your life is yours', But Your hands are mine alone." and
Thor - "Every weapon you've ever designed, it's all inside your head"

Theres also the deleted scene from the Trailer which shows Thor first raising Stormbreaker amidst a whole lot of lightning which I suspect was the scene where Thor actively enchants the weapon with his powers (just as Odin enchanted Mjolnir before him)

So Yes my assumption is that while Dwarfs are great craftsmen, it is Eitri alone who had the ability to design weapons able to harness the enchantments/powers of Others be it the Odinforce, Thors power or the Infinity Stones

Last edited:

OB1

Jedi Master
Who sympathizes with Darth Vader? Vader was a monster by the end of Empire. He was not sympathetic at all. :uhoh: I might see it by the end of Jedi, when Vader is somewhat redeemed, but, at the end of ESB? He's a murdering psychopath with zero redeeming qualities.

I didn't say sympathize, I said empathize. I agree with you 100% on Vader, and don't believe that his actions redeem him at all at the end of Jedi. He made one right choice, to save his son's life, but that doesn't make up for the monster he was.

Empathizing with monsters in works of art only means that you see the real human emotions and desires that led them to the choices they make so as to recognize the danger of the same emotions and desires within yourself or from those around you to do great harm.

Hussar

Legend
Yes, but, even empathize? With Vader at the end of ESB? We know virtually nothing about him other than he's a murdering psychopath who happens to share DNA with Luke Skywalker. Even his motivations are clearly self serving - "Join me and together we will rule the galaxy" Mwahahahaha! This is the same guy that just spent a good chunk of the movie torturing Han Solo for fun "they didn't ask any questions!".

I really don't think Darth Vader is a good example here.

Remove ads