• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

B.P.R.D. Issue #1 "City of Night"

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Kongming, 3 H.P.

Kongming grunts as the undead zombie swings at him, and fires his gun again. "Spawn of Viy!"

Damage save vs. the undead was 14 (12 rolled +2 Dex). Second attack roll was 21 (17 rolled +4 attack), +3L damage.

Acid_crash

First Post
Prophet HP: 3

Damage Save vs. Zombie Attack = 15 (roll) + 9 (DMG) = 24 total

Xavier's actions for Round 2:

"Blessed father give me the power to strike down these vile vermin," Xavier shouts as he swings his staff down at the zombie that struck him, personally offended that the vile creature should touch him.

Attack Roll = 12 (roll) + 9 (melee w/ staff) = 21 total; DMG 7L (save DC 22)

After he attacks he will move closer to the nearest doctor to protect them. They don't look like they can take too much of this.

Radiant

First Post
Lia

Without regarding the battle around her Lia continues to hack pieces out of the corpse in front of her.

actions: claw attack against the nazi zombie (attack roll 11+8=19). total damage 23. Initiative for next turn (3+4=7).

Drakknyte32

First Post
The Red Knight turns his head when he hears Dr. Clay speak
"Civilians. They always know how to mess up a good fight."
With a battle roar that sounds more like a high pitched squeak the mass of armor heads toward the zombies attacking the doctors.

Christopher stumbles further back from the zombies and takes another shot at one nearby.

OOC:
Damage save from last round 18+12=30 plus 6 ranks protection
(Like I said, Invulnerable Red Guy right here :) )

The Red Knight charges toward the zombies attacking the docters
Attack roll to hit 13+12+2=27
11L Strike damage plus 6L fire damage

Christopher moves back from the zombies and then attacks the one nearest to him.
Attack Roll, Luck to attack, 13+6+3-2=20
4L damage +1 armor penetration

Damage saves for any hits this round
Red Knight (6 ranks protection)
16+12=28
4+12=16 (Hp reroll is 3, becomes 10) 10+12=22
5+12=17
(Please don't get hit more than once this round)

Christopher (1 rank armor)
11+4=15
20+4=24
6+4=10 HP reroll 16+4=20

Andy, pleased and surprised with his success (if only superficially) attempts to empty another two bullets into one of the zombies attacking the doctors (assuming Ace lets any live), or if none else, the one attacking Kongming.

OOC-If it's alright, I'll use that extra hero point you mentioned in the OOC thread on that check to discover what the heck that noise was (previous roll of 4). Assuming that's okay, my new roll is 17 + whatever modifier is needed. Attack rolls for this round are 13+8-4=17 and 16+8-4=20, +4L damage modifier, 1 armor penetration. Damage save is +7 w/ evasion, with 6 points of Protection-Dodge vs. no one in particular, making my AC 19. I'll use my remaining action for a spot check to count how many there's left, roll of 8+1=9.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sgt. Michael Camden "Ace" HP's: 3

‘At least the bullets work,’ Michael thought, ‘gotta take the good where I can get it.’

“Someone put out that fire!” Michael called out. Michael stepped back a few feet toward the exit and directed his fire against the undead on him, then those on the doctors, then those on Andy and Christopher.

OOC: 5’ adjust. (Ace has Precise shot) - 5 Attacks [Auto-fire, Rapid Shot], Attack base of (+7 = +6 base +5 dex, +1 Point Blank, +1 Attack Focus - 6), Rolls of 16,7,10,19,15 for Totals of 23, 14, 17, 16, 22. Weapon is +6L. Dodge is 26.

Velmont

First Post
HP: 3+1, Stun:0, Lethal:0

Paul, seeing the two undead on the doctors, summon some fire from the the seven hells to burn the corpse. Then move toward them, shooting again.

OOC:
Round 1:
Half Action (Attack)
Attack 12+2 = 14
Damage DC: 19
Half Action (Move)

Round 2:
Half Action (Attack)
Attack 11+2 = 13
Damage DC: 19

Karl Green

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
OOC-If it's alright, I'll use that extra hero point you mentioned in the OOC thread on that check to discover what the heck that noise was (previous roll of 4). Assuming that's okay, my new roll is 17 + whatever modifier is needed

Plus INT bonus for a total of 19

Spoiler about what that might have been, for Andy only please
Andy notes that the corpse seemed to be talking in English but there was something else behind it also... maybe German, Greek, etc a multitude of languages spoken at the same time

Karl Green

First Post
Updated Round 1 combat with Lia and Paul's actions...

Lia again strikes the corpse of Franklee, striking...
Damage save 12, vs. DC of 21, miss by 9 so
...and knocking his head clear off the body! Actions for next round?

From nowhere a flash of the seven hells blasts one of the zombies...
Damage save 6 vs. 19
...and burning it down to ash! The other seems unconcerned as it follows the doctors.

Radiant

First Post
Lia

She spins around with the movement of the strike to face more of the zombies. Jumping forward to get closer he fangs snap for the nearest ones throat while her calws rack into another.

actions: attack roll of 10+8=18. Heroic surge for another attack 15+8=23
initiative: 14+4=18

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads