D&D General B4 THe Lost City Adaption

Zardnaar

Legend
Why adaption instead of conversion?

Well I'm running an Egyptian themed game. I want a lost city based adventure roughly modeled on B4 and I think I will include the names from B4 and make the city a bit bigger and semi ruined. My group completed my introductory adventure last night.

So 6 PCs, 4th level. Last adventure was a dungeon hack so more exploration and social this time around.

Things I want to do
Travel to the city (overland)
RP with the factions
Make the City bigger

Things that can stay

Cynidicea (the name)
Drugged inhabitants.

Factions

Madarua
Gorm
Usimagaras

These "gods" will be masks for other gods- war, magic,

The Cynidiceans will be a mix of Yuan Ti, Tieflings, Dragonborn or Lizardmen, Drow things like that. I'm running an Egyptian themed game. The humans have evolved into Tieflings and Yuan Ti due to interbreeding in the last few thousand years. The Dragonborn will be a remnant of an anient pre not Egypt Dragon empire.

The city will date roughly from the 1st Dynasty or Dynasty 0. The remnants of the city at around 5000 years old. At its height the city could have had 10000 people but theres probably a few thousand left, the Drow are hidden, robed and number only a handful.

I'm building towards a mystery of the ancients and undead subplot.

Xargon can be recycled maybe as some sort of fiend, Xenobia an be an ancient in stasis.

The Pyramid Dungeon is not required but several Aztec/Maya style pyramids can be ruined inside the city. The lake will be a strong leyline so the water is quasi magical. I don't really want the pyramids or maybe ziggurats to be dungoens more historical based ancient temples (currently non functional).

The the basic idea I have atm is.

1. Level up and RP at the current base. They get the mission to travel to XYZ and investigate.
2. A "random encounter" on the way to said location, no more than a couple of fights but they can be deadly+.
3. Arrival at location, its an Oasis atm but also thinking about an old quarry.
4. Investigation leading to discover of access to Cynidicia. Maybe requiring locating a key to the entrance.
5. Relatively easy travel to the city (no real dungeon)
6. Discovery of the city
7. Interaction with the inhabitants.
8. 3 subplots all probably directing the PCs towards the Drow. The Drow are not Lolthites peaceful interaction is possible.
9. Some sort of reveal.
10. PCs have to investigate an island or the far side of the cavern
11. Xargon or something similar is waiting for them.
12. Recover something and/or find information
13. Return home perhaps after unleashing something bad (Xargon using the sttas for something nasty)

So good people of ENworld any ideas to help me flesh out anything?

Last edited:

I ran B4 way back in Ye Olde College Days when it was a new release... had a blast with it... mainly because of all the weird factions of people in the place and the bizarre random encounters with them...

Zardnaar

Legend
I ran B4 way back in Ye Olde College Days when it was a new release... had a blast with it... mainly because of all the weird factions of people in the place and the bizarre random encounters with them...

Same my idea is to use it for inspiration but overhaul it into something a bit different.

Remove ads