Back in Crolon

Aguirre

First Post
Walfilbalf returns with his new suit of clothes, smiling nervously. He looks himself over with a chuckle, then asks, "Well how do I look?" He rolls his shoulders in discomfort, "Got ta say I feel kinda naked without ma plate."

"I'll be 'appy when we get back 'an I can get outta these clothes. I'm ready ta go when you are."

Ezieer

First Post
"Aye Walfi... ya look just fine. Dontcha worry 'bout it. Uh... I'm goin ta change meself.. I'll see ya outside when the coach comes."

Ezieer looks around like he is looking for someone and then quickly goes to go change into his duds.

DMEntropy

First Post
The coach sent by Alistra arrives to pick all of you up for the party. There has been some buzz around town about Alistra's return and the event that she has organized so quickly. It seems that this will be one of the social events of the season for those in the right circles to attend.

As the coach pulls up and comes to a stop the liveryman opens the door and Bindar Karnom exits. He greets all of you and offers his personal thanks for rescuing his mother from the pirates. "It seems that my entire family owes each of you a debt of gratitude that is without price. We would be lost if not for you and I am sure that my mother intends to recognize that this evening." He takes each of your hands and embraces you in turn. (( A typical Kinrisari show of great thanks. ))

"It is early. The festivities do not start for some time. Mother wished to be able to meet with you privately before the other guests arrive." Bindar begins to move towards the coach. "There will be a strict rule of no weapons allowed," Bindar blushes a bit. "I could not think of any other way to bring that up other than factually. Please leave any you have on you in the coach. They will be secure there."

As you begin to settle into the cushions of the seats Bindar adds, "Oh, Mother also wanted to know if you have an agent or advocat working for you and if you are a registered interest by the crown?"

Ezieer

First Post
Well yer mother has done a lot of good things fer us.. aint no reason ta let her down."

Ezieer de-arms himself reluctantly except for one dagger. He will tuck the dagger in his boot.. effectively hiding it (Sleight of Hand check)

"Yer aint really serious about this no blades thingy. How ya expect us to protect yer mother if need be? How about just a dagger in the boot. Nobody would see it.

He looks at Bindar to see if he notices or complains.

"As fer this advocate thingy... I certianly doubt it... I aint knowing what that even is."

Last edited:

DMEntropy

First Post
Bindar smiles at Ezieer's question. "You are probably familiar with advocats, but not as your friend or employee. They take care of legal issues both criminal and mercantile. What my mother would like to know about is if you have someone working for or with you on such matters because it will likely be important in your meeting with her."

Ezieer's actions at secreting a dagger seem to have gone unnoticed.

"You are not coming to the party as her protection, Ezieer. You are her honored guests. I have taken care of the necessary protection for tonight."

Last edited:

RJKrik

First Post
Azeem considers the question for a few moments. "Well, we don't have anyone representing us as such. Just ourselves. We aren't a registered interest with the crown either, though so far we have done little to warrant being registered. So, hopefuly we won't be to much of a bother by not having either of this things for your mother."

((Azeem has left his rapier in the room and is otherwise unarmed, well except for the deadly weapon his horrid singing could be considered that is...))

Aguirre

First Post
Walfilbalf smiles, shrugs, and drops his enormous pack, stuffed with weapons, tools and equipment, to the floor. "I don' mind leavin' ma stuff 'ere, long as someone's gonna keep an eye onnit."

"I don' know much 'bout lawerin' folks er any o' that, really. Usta be a guard, but that was a while back, an' a long way away in Ettledien."

Arkhandus

First Post
Theodus attends wearing the Brightbeard family-loremaster officiary outfit he still carries from Thoradur, as formal an outfit as he thinks could possibly be needed, though it's certainly not such fancy duds as anything a noble would ever wear. He expected no trouble so carries no gear, only his usual beltpouches under the officiary robes. So Theodus spends most of the day just grooming himself rather than seeking out new duds, and his lustrous beard is well-combed and worn prominently over the front of his robes.

The dwarf bows slightly to Bindar Karnom, unfamiliar with the man but knowing he's a relation of Alistra's and thus something close to nobility, for all he knows. He finds the following embrace uncomfortable by dwarven standards of greeting and thanks....but respectfully manages to keep himself from grumbling, shuddering in revulsion, or lashing out in apalled surprise. A triumph of willpower!

"Ah, an honor to meet ye, mister Karnom, aye. Honored t'be o' service an' all that...."

Inwardly, the dwarf mentally shudders. Eww, a human's embrace! The nerve. Wrinkling my fine robes, passed down ten generations....... *mental grumbling* I don't know what I'll do to clean these robes later....I'll have to spring for extra good service. ......And look, the fourth left braid of my beard is out of place now.....drat it. Humans, baah, too emotional and touchy feely with their gratitude. What happened to a bow, a nod, a grunt, or a handclasp for Galvar's sake? *mental sigh* Oh, to be in Thoradur again..... *longing*

Many long minutes pass before the dwarf realizes he's been mindlessly following Azeem to, well, somewhere.......what room is this? Who the....? Oh, bother.

morcano

First Post
Elendil greets the young man in return and says: "No weapons doesn't bother me, never really was my strong suit." in the next couple minutes after the greetings once an opportunity presents itself he asks "Is it normal to have no weapons during your parties here in Kinrisar? Though I can see how it would prevent violence if there was too much drinking, I am rather suprised there are no weapons allowed at all, even ceremonial ones."

(( If possible might I make a knowledge local check to see if no weapons is normal in Kinrisar? +8 to my check just curious...thanks))

Remove ads