D&D General Background Vs. Backstory

Chaosmancer

Legend
Yea you are right, only the second picture is outright creepy, what does the bloated water zombie try to inflict on Harley Quinn with his rodents, while surrounded by a drug addict, some evil cultist, the Type-o-negative singer, a knife wielding hobo disguised as an hobbit and a Michael Jackson imitator?

And now I notice it on third glance, where does this fish come from?

Those are the main characters of Neil Gaiman's Sandman series. They are siblings and if I remember correctly (starting from the top and going Clockwise) they are Dream, Destruction, Desire, Delirium, (One I can't remember), Death and Destiny.

Ugh it is going to bug me, looking it up..... Despair was the one I missed. And I forgot they were collectively known as the Endless. It is a really good series and it has a lot of dark elements, but doesn't stray into the Grimdark territory.

This was another "Grimdark" pic I found, just because I found it funny. This is when you no longer get taken seriously as grim or dark.

lobo-1.jpg

Coroc

Hero
Those are the main characters of Neil Gaiman's Sandman series. They are siblings and if I remember correctly (starting from the top and going Clockwise) they are Dream, Destruction, Desire, Delirium, (One I can't remember), Death and Destiny.

Ugh it is going to bug me, looking it up..... Despair was the one I missed. And I forgot they were collectively known as the Endless. It is a really good series and it has a lot of dark elements, but doesn't stray into the Grimdark territory.

This was another "Grimdark" pic I found, just because I found it funny. This is when you no longer get taken seriously as grim or dark.

Well Delirium and death look quite cute tbh. The other ones not so much :)

It looks a bit like one of those comic stories of "Heavy Metal" or "Epic" comic magazines. These are really cool, check out the Movie Heavy Metal from 1979 or so it is based on those characters. It is afaik interwoven with the fantasy/RP scene back then. Two of the artists are Richard Corben (e.g. with his character "Den") and Boris Vallejo. Both are among the best fantasy illustrators of all time.

Remove ads