• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance" or "Dungeons & Dragons: The Movie"?

DungeonKeeperUK

First Post
Balders Gate DA
Lovely visuals, great system of combat etc, "nice" soryline, but far to short in my opinion.. completed in 10 hours (a greivance I had with Silent Hill too) now I know they both have replay value (Drizzt is nice in BA and the chainsaw is fun in SH) but I was expecting an epic RPG, left a slight bad taste in my mouth

D&D Movie.
I though this was OK as a fanstasy flick, but it just wasn't really D&D for me, but I won't go further or may not stop.. :)

Akunin

First Post
Burning hands is great if you max it out, and Ball Lightning rocks, too.

I didn't have much trouble with the Arcane Archer's aiming ability - it took a bit of practicing to get the hang of it, though.

Did anyone else get a good laugh out of the helmet worn by the Lieutenant to the Act I boss? "I'm not Darth Maul, but the guy at the armor shop said that this would make me look just as cool!"

Wild Karrde

First Post
If you people think the D&D movie is the worst movie ever I just have to say you are truly misguided souls. Yeah it sucked but I have this past time of trying to watch the worst movies possible. My girlfriend calls it the train wreck disease cuz I can't quit watching.

Anyway unless you've seen "Manos" the Hands of Fate, Creeps, Skydiver or Hunting Season you have no idea what bad is. And these are just the tip of the iceberg. I'll do you a favor by not poisoning your fragile minds anymore ;)

Xalmo

First Post
Anyway unless you've seen "Manos" the Hands of Fate, Creeps, Skydiver or Hunting Season you have no idea what bad is. And these are just the tip of the iceberg. I'll do you a favor by not poisoning your fragile minds anymore

*shudder* Too late here. I've seen Manos. The MST3K version anyway. And the Wild World of Batwoman, Sidehackers, Red Zone Cuba... My friend bought all the MST3K VHS tapes that were on sale. Even MST3K couldn't help some of these, and these are only a few examples. As my friend likes to say about many of them, the cat is the best actor. :)

Goodsport

Explorer
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Truth be told, I could probably watch the D&D Movie again - although I'd most likely give it the MST3K treatment. ;)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp A movie that can be tossed into the mix as one of the worst ever made was a 1985 diddy called Transylvania 6-5000. That's one of those rare bad films that isn't funny on any level (intentional or unintentional)... and it was meant to be a screwball comedy! :eek:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp In any case, having to choose one, I'd rather play BG: DA! :)

-G

Last edited:

drnuncheon

Explorer
D&D the movie is far from the worst one ever made.

My own personal favorite for worst film is one that is not acknowledged as even existing by many people: Highlander 2. (aka "There should have been only one!")

I knew it would be bad when I rented it. I wanted to see just how bad.

I had to turn off the VCR and leave the room.

Twice.

J

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Okay, I would like a moment of sympathy here. I was almost done the game, my sorceress was 16th level, I had put in almost 20 hours....

and someone else overwrote all of my saved games with their own.

*sob*

Xalmo

First Post
Piratecat: Okay, I would like a moment of sympathy here. I was almost done the game, my sorceress was 16th level, I had put in almost 20 hours....

and someone else overwrote all of my saved games with their own.

*sob*

I had lost all my saves on a Final Fantasy game once. It sucks losing all that invested time, especially when you are so close to the end. :(

I feel for you, Piratecat.

Zappo

Explorer
Oh, dear. It happened to me near the end of one of the Might and Magic games. It was about the moment when those disgusting sci-fi elements get into the plot, so I figured I had already seen the best of the game and never restarted. Really, when you come to the point where you have to trash all the cool magical weapons and spells in favor of just giving a blaster rifle to each of the party's members, mage included... how to ruin a good game.

Dispater

Explorer
D&D movie

The D&D wasn't the worst movie ever, but it sucked. Only thing I liked was when Snails died. As for BG, I've only played the original, but was going to buy Shadows over Amn or whatever new flashy title they've come up with these days. I only wish they could incorporate the 3e system fully.

Remove ads