Baradur's End - Part III

pathfinderq1

First Post
Kraegyn growled as he fought against the ectoplasmic bonds. His fury seemed to lend him strength, but not enough to free himself...

OOC:
>Standard: Second Wind, +15 Hp and +2 defenses
>End of turn: save vs. Restrained, 1d20= 8 (fail) ; roll Roll Lookup

Walking Dad

First Post
Bavak

Despite moving defensively, Bavak directs his spirit panther to attack. It appear next to last zombie, attacking it feriously and lending the same rage to allies attacks.

[sblock=OOC]

Move: Shift to L12
Minor: Summon Spirit to I15
Standard: Call to the savage Elder (1d20+8=26, 2d8+5=10), if hit, any ally adjacent to it gains a 4 power bonus to the damage rolls of melee attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Bavak
Perception: 25 Insight: 20 Normal Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 16 Reflex 16 Will 18
Hit Points: 28/46 Bloodied: 23
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: necrotic 7, radiant 7
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 11 Surges per day: 8/9
At-Will Powers: Call Spirit Companion, Spirit’s Fangs, Stalker’s Strike, Haunting Spirits
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 1/2, Speak with Spirits, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Hand of Radiance, Twin Panthers, Call to the Savage Elder
Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North, Spirits of Battle
[/sblock][/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
Joshua eyes darted hither and thither as he assessed the dangers. With a pass of his hands he cast a ball of flame at the surviving zombie whilst moving his pre-existing flaming sphere into the path of one of the poltergeists.

[sblock=OOC]Scorching Burst at H13: attack Z4[/sblock][sblock=OOC]
11 vs ref (probably a miss)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2470566/

damage 8 (fire) if it hits
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2470575/

Minor: sustain Sphere
Move: move sphere to E23

Start of next turn Poltergeist takes 9/2 = 4 damage

Roll Lookup[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Karis and Jack - your turns

Rellek continues to use his axes as zombie pulverizers, nearly felling the zombie nearest him. Again. Bavak manages to down the zombie with aid of his spirit companion. Joshua tries to deliver a fiery coup-de-grace, but his bolt flies wide. Meanwhile, Kraegyn steadies himself as he struggles with the mysterious force holding him in place. Further away, the lizardman charges one of the ghosts again, but his spear proves no match for the shadowy thing.

The zombie in the midst of the party twitches on the ground, seemingly in anticipation. Will it meet a fiery end? Or shall it become un-un-undead?

//Since Arbanax asked, I will allow any player adjacent to a 0 hp zombie to use a standard action to finish it off using flint and tinder from your packs but it will cost a standard action. Rellek cannot do this as he used his standard to attack. (I will not consider this an attack on a bloodied enemy should Jack choose to do this)

Results

Rellek hits z4 for 8 damage.

Kraegyn uses 2nd wind, heals 15, fails save.

Bavak shifts to L12, moves spirit companion, downs the zombie (for now).

Joshua hurls fire at zombie, missing, moves flaming sphere.

L2 moves, misses P3

Status
p1 26/42 hp insubstantial AC 18 Fo 17 Re 18 Wi 18 - kenetic claw used
p2 35/42 hp insubstantial AC 18 Fo 17 Re 18 Wi 18 - kinetic claw used
p3 39/42 hp insubstantial AC 18 Fo 17 Re 18 Wi 18 - kinetic claw used, flinging rebuke used

Dead L1
L2 9/26 hp, 0/1 surges, AC 17, Fo 14, Re 14 Wi 11, Init 4
Joshua 24/38 hp, 6/9 surges, AC 20 Fo 16 Re 17 Wi 16 Init 6, used Flaming Sphere, Colour Spray
Flaming Sphere
YOUR TURN Karis 20/44 hp, 5/7 surges, AC 18 Fo 15 Re 19 Wi 15 Init 6
Kraegyn 37/52 hp, restrained (save ends) 7/12 surg, AC 21 Fo 18 Re 14 Wi 17 Init 2, Used Bless Weapon, Inspiring Word, 2nd wind
Rellek 41/47 hp, 9/10 surg, AC 18 Fo 16 Re 16 Wi 14 Init 4
Bavak 35/46 hp, 8/9 surges, AC 18 Fo 16 Re 16 Wi 18 Init 2, Used Healing Sprits(x1)
Sprit Companion - ADJACENT ALLIES +4 damage TENT Bavak
YOUR TURN Jack 41/41 hp, 9/9 surges, AC 19 Fo 16 Re 15 Wi 20 Init 3, Used Exacting Utterance

z1, REALLY DEAD
z2, REALLY DEAD
z3, REALLY DEAD
z4, NOT DEAD YET! ONLY RESTING! 0/66 hp, Rellek's quarry vuln 5 radiant AC 21 Fo 19 Re 15 Wi 16

Attachments

• altogethernow10.jpg
    altogethernow10.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 78

renau1g

First Post
Jack calls upon his gods healing energies to aid Karis and he feels fully refreshed. The light of his god protects the rogue from assault.

Jack then moves to help the embattled lizardman and hurls a lance of white-hot energy that hits it for a minor blow and the lizardman is guided by his gods hand.

[sblock=ooc]
Minor: HW on Karis - healing word bonous (2d6+9=19) + HS & you gain a +2 bonus to all defenses TSNT (Jack) & a +3 power bonus to all defenses against next attack against you (they stack as one's untyped & 1's a power bonus)
Move to I11
Standard: Lance of faith on P3 vs ref; radiant (1d20+8=19, 1d8+5=6) hits for 3 after insubstantial and L2 gains a +2 power bonus to hit

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Filled with renewed vigor by Jack's prayers, Karis nearly flies across the battlefield, weapons cutting at the insubstantial creature twice, dislodging bits of whatever it used for a body. She leaves herself open during the process, hoping that Jack's protection will see her through.

[sblock=ooc]I'm really not sure at this point if I have an AP, but I think it's possible I might. If so, here goes:

Move: to H10, 7 squares
Standard: Charge P3, going to G7: 29 vs. AC for 7 damage (3 after insubstantial)
AP: deft strike, moving to F5 (and provoking): 28 vs. AC for 17 damage, or 8 after insubstantial.

If I don't have an AP, then I'll instead use Duelist's weapon to gain CA on the charge, so the shortsword attack (the latter) applies.
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Jack's divine power fills his allies with renewed strength as he lances one of the ghosts with radiant light.

Karis displays her elven grace and speed as she slices at a ghost. She steps around it, protected from its ghastly claw by Jack's power, and cuts it again, somehow managing to penetrate its ghostly veil.

Without warning, the three ghosts vanish into the air. The remaining zombie stands and lets out what sounds like a 'huh' noise, apparently as surprised as the party. His resurrection proves short lived, however, as he, along with all the other fallen zombies, is sucked into a swirling vortex of necrotic energy. Light crackles and swirls, the wind blasting at the party, and an enormous ghost appears. It is the same shape as the three ghosts, only larger.

Much, much larger.

It lets out a horrific wail as it turns to face the party.

// Power ghosts, activate! Form of - Ghost Voltron!

Results

Jack heals Karis to full, hits p3. Moves.

Karis charges p3, hits for 3 after insub.
Burns action point, draws opp attack which misses due to Jack's bonus.
Hits again for 8 more after insub.

The ghosts disapparate, forming Big Ghost.

Status
Big Ghost (large) 86/126 hp insubstantial AC 18 Fo 17 Re 18 Wi 18

YOUR TURN L2 9/26 hp, +2 Next Attack, 0/1 surges, AC 17, Fo 14, Re 14 Wi 11, Init 4
YOUR TURN Joshua 24/38 hp, 6/9 surges, AC 20 Fo 16 Re 17 Wi 16 Init 6, used Flaming Sphere, Colour Spray
Flaming Sphere
YOUR TURN Karis 44/44 hp, 4/7 surges, AC 18 Fo 15 Re 19 Wi 15 Init 6, Used AP x1
YOUR TURN Kraegyn 37/52 hp, restrained (save ends) 7/12 surg, AC 21 Fo 18 Re 14 Wi 17 Init 2, Used Bless Weapon, Inspiring Word, 2nd wind
YOUR TURN Rellek 41/47 hp, 9/10 surg, AC 18 Fo 16 Re 16 Wi 14 Init 4
YOUR TURN Bavak 35/46 hp, 8/9 surges, AC 18 Fo 16 Re 16 Wi 18 Init 2, Used Healing Sprits(x1)
Sprit Companion - ADJACENT ALLIES +4 damage TENT Bavak
YOUR TURN Jack 41/41 hp, 9/9 surges, AC 19 Fo 16 Re 15 Wi 20 Init 3, Used Exacting Utterance, Healing Word x1

Attachments

• altogethernow11.jpg
    altogethernow11.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 74

Walking Dad

First Post
Bavak

The spirit panther shimmers and reappears in flanking position as his spectral claws cut in the large apparition.

[sblock=OOC]

Minor: Summon Spirit to K18
Standard: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2470083/Stalker's Strike (1d20+8=25, 1d10+5=12) vs Fort; if hit, Sc can flank with ally until the end of Bavak's next turn.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Bavak
Perception: 25 Insight: 20 Normal Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 16 Reflex 16 Will 18
Hit Points: 35/46 Bloodied: 23
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: necrotic 7, radiant 7
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 11 Surges per day: 8/9
At-Will Powers: Call Spirit Companion, Spirit’s Fangs, Stalker’s Strike, Haunting Spirits
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 1/2, Speak with Spirits, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Hand of Radiance, Twin Panthers, Call to the Savage Elder
Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North, Spirits of Battle
[/sblock][/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Jack opens his hand towards the large ghost and a silver flame outlines it, his allies finding it easier to target the enemy now. He steps forward and calls out "You shall not harm us!" as a bright light flares, his allies unaffected, but the light leaves the ghost reeling.

[sblock=ooc]
Standard: Astral Seal on Big guy vs ref (1d20+10=30) nice...crit on the non-damaging power. -2 to defenses and next ally who hits it regains 11 hp.
Move: Shift to I12
AP: Astral Flare - vs will (1d20+10=18) *I have this as a +2 to hit, rather than the -2 to defenses. Same result hits (just) and the target is dazed TENT

Ok, so it's at -2 to defenses and it's granting CA TENT, so net result is +4 to hit if you go after Jack (which is nobody this turn right?)
[/sblock]

Arbanax

First Post
Rellek was stunned by what had just happened, but only momentarily his ready battle senses snapping him back into the midst of what they faced. Moving forward to seek to flank the creature, Rellek new that their advantage in numbers would be short lived if they didn't attack with all they'd got.

Shouting his defiance, he attacked his new quarry.

[sblock]

Ok so Rellek is going to move to H17 and use a minor action to make this new creature his quarry and then use his Daily power Hunters Bear Trap (which is the first time I've used it and I hope I don't now fall fowl on the dice rolls)

And I got a massive 13 rats. Well that's that.

Edit but thanks to Renau1g I realised I missed that its still half damage and target is slowed till the end of the next turn. So that still means = 8 damage halved = 4 hp well at least its more than it would have been. Thanks Renau1g.

[/sblock]

Ab

Last edited:

Remove ads