• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Base Race for 3.5e Dragonborn

Dandu

First Post
I suspect that he was being sarcastic, as several members of the boards (you know who you are) are very vocal in their opinion of Elan spions being broken, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Wyvernhand

First Post
Dragonborn Warforged ALSO lose their composite plating.

That said, the prereqs on Mithril, Adamantine, and Ironwood Body all simply state "Warforged", which you still are, so you can take them and get plating back, essentially. Sure, it east up your first level feat, but Adamantine Full Plate for free (~15,000g value) is a pretty good deal for a single feat.

Ashtagon

Adventurer
Aside from the chapter describing dragonborn background in Races of the Dragon, are there any other places where dragonborn rules have been written? I can't even find a Monster Manual style listing.

Wyvernhand

First Post
Um, there was one FAQ entry which clarified that while the description in Dragonborn most often mentions humanoids, other creature types qualify to be reborn as Dragonborn as well. That means you can have Dragonborn Half Giants (which suck, due to losing Powerful Build), Dragonborn Warforged, Dragonborn Pixies, etc.

Thats about it as far as published support for Dragonborn. There are some metabreath feats for the Heart aspect, which you qualify for, but thats about it.

Um, there was one FAQ entry which clarified that while the description in Dragonborn most often mentions humanoids, other creature types qualify to be reborn as Dragonborn as well. That means you can have Dragonborn Half Giants (which suck, due to losing Powerful Build), Dragonborn Warforged, Dragonborn Pixies, etc.

Thats about it as far as published support for Dragonborn. There are some metabreath feats for the Heart aspect, which you qualify for, but thats about it.
The entry on becoming a Dragonborn specifically mentions the character retains Powerful Build.

marcielle

First Post
If you have Dragon Magazine, Ice Paragenasi have +4 Con too and actually have less penalties than Mongrelfolk, IIRC, and Dragonization(that should be a word by now) doesn't remove much. Artic Template makes a lot more sense with these guys.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
I hear if you go with Elan, you're invincible.

Elans are overrated, they say that because you can pay power points to reduce damage taken. The rate at which it goes might stave away massive threshold and leave you with barely any power points for powers even as a high level psion.

I suspect that he was being sarcastic, as several members of the boards (you know who you are) are very vocal in their opinion of Elan spions being broken, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Yes, I was being sarcastic. Sorry.

Shin Okada

Explorer
Losing composite plating is a bonus, not a penalty.

Indeed, Damage Reduction 2/Adamantine is not that wonderful. After 2-3 level, a Warforged PC can buy Full-Plate anyway. Usually, another feat should be much useful.

Also, a Warforged Dragonborn wizard needs not to spend a feat to remove his arcane spell failure chance.

Remove ads