Basic Rules

jfaller

First Post
Hello all,

*I'd like to preface the following with the statement that this is solely OUR group. I am not suggesting that this is systematic of the whole of the industry.

Like many of you, I have viewed the announcement of 4e with some awe and no small amount of trepidation. The silver lining in this "cloud" though is that it seems to have been an agent of change...for our group.

What I mean to say is, it seems that the rules / extensions / additions / so forth, have become so encompassing that it has taken away the creative element from the player. Now when someone wants to do something "new" they look through books for something close to what they've imagined. It used to be that they used the rules (a set and quantifiable framework) from which to create something. I for one miss this creativity.

Well anyway, we're going to try a campaign based upon the original Dungeons and Dragons Basic set of rules. (Dungeons and Dragons Rules Cyclopedia, published 1991 TSR)

Now here's the problem, does anyone know of an online community where one might ask a question related to that rule set?

Thanks all,

Dungeons and Dragons forever!

Aust Diamondew

First Post
I think enworld would be such a community, here there are people here who have played every edition of the game and even some who play the previous editions.

jfaller

First Post
OK then...

Here's the first one:

In Basic DnD the description of the Elf Class (p25 of the Cyclopedia) states that they get only 1 hp / level after 9th. But in another area they list the hp gain as 2 hp / level after 9th. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks much,

jfall

frankthedm

First Post
jfaller said:
In Basic DnD the description of the Elf Class (p25 of the Cyclopedia) states that they get only 1 hp / level after 9th. But in another area they list the hp gain as 2 hp / level after 9th. Any clarification would be appreciated.
In the Expert box sets, both Erol Otus and Jeff Easly covers, the Elf's last level was 10th, at which they received +2 hp.

Remove ads