• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Batman vs. Iron Man - FIGHT!

Batman vs. Iron Man

• Batman

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Iron Man

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • I'm too mature for this conversation

Votes: 1 3.4%

guerraa

First Post
You realize that you're missing the point of the (albeit very silly) discussion, right?

The premise is "Iron Man and Batman are in the same room and have a reason to fight: who wins?" Book sales don't matter, gross earnings don't matter, it's just taking two very different descriptions of two imaginary people and talking about how they might measure up against each other if they were standing side by side.

Side discussion - Who would win in a fight between Alfred and Jarvis? My money is on Jarvis because Coulson got the best of him, and Alfred could totally kick Coulson's ass.

Side side discussion - Google fight has Batman losing to Iron Man with a score of 42.6 million to 162 million. However Bruce Wayne trounces Tony Stark with 37.9 million to a measly 11.1. Is this because Bruce has a better PR team, or was the population of Avengers Earth NY that far depleted after the last movie?

You realize that you're missing my point, right?

The discussion is who would win a FICTIONAL fight that could only happen if someone writes a FICTIONAL story to make two FICTIONAL characters fight each other. Sales, etc. don't matter in a real fight, but those factors DO matter in fiction because they can easily influence whoever is writing to determine the "winner". I am a HUGE Batman fan, so there is NO WAY he would lose to iron if I was writing the story. There are others that would have this be the opposite.

I came on here to answer the question and vote on who I think would win. I've done that, so I don't really think I've missed the point.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You realize that you're missing my point, right?

No, he fully understands your point. He's saying that's not the point of the thread.

The discussion is who would win a FICTIONAL fight that could only happen if someone writes a FICTIONAL story to make two FICTIONAL characters fight each other. Sales, etc. don't matter in a real fight, but those factors DO matter in fiction because they can easily influence whoever is writing to determine the "winner". I am a HUGE Batman fan, so there is NO WAY he would lose to iron if I was writing the story. There are others that would have this be the opposite.

Yes, we know. But the point of the thread is to discuss it in-universe, not in a meta fashion. If that's not a game you want to participate in, that's fine; but that's the game the rest of us are playing.

guerraa

First Post
No, he fully understands your point. He's saying that's not the point of the thread.

Yes, we know. But the point of the thread is to discuss it in-universe, not in a meta fashion. If that's not a game you want to participate in, that's fine; but that's the game the rest of us are playing.

I simply came here to vote on the question, and I did. So YES I did understand the point to the thread. I'm sorry if I'm not saying what you want to hear, the way you want to hear it. I don't know how else to say that you have your opinion, and I have mine. If you want to continue to demean my opinion, then I guess that's up to you.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I simply came here to vote on the question, and I did. So YES I did understand the point to the thread. I'm sorry if I'm not saying what you want to hear, the way you want to hear it. I don't know how else to say that you have your opinion, and I have mine. If you want to continue to demean my opinion, then I guess that's up to you.

Dude, calm down. Nobody's trying to upset you, and disagreeing with you is not "demeaning" you. It's what a discussion forum is for. We're playing a little game of "what if?" here, and you're welcome to join in with it if you want to.

Last edited:

Batman vs Iron Man is serious business, ok?

This one is really easy. Just as Sherlock Holmes could reason himself out of the event horizon of a black hole, Batman wins due to the infinite corridors of his deductive mind as born out below:

[video=youtube_share;XwEM8Lj0DnY]http://youtu.be/XwEM8Lj0DnY[/video]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads