Battlemind

Bold or Stupid

First Post
From the Wilden Compendium entry.

DDI said:
Play a Wilden if you want...
• to embody nature’s ability to right its own course.
• to adapt to the challenges you face by altering your essential nature.
• to be a member of a race that favors the battlemind, druid, invoker, and shaman classes.

Now I seem to remember the Warmind? A cool Psionic combat technique PrC from 3.5. I'm guessing psi defender.

im_robertb

First Post
Druid, Invoker, Shaman.

All Wisdom primary.
All have Constitution as a possible secondary (I might be wrong on the Shaman).

Wis/Con race?
Corrolary: Battlemind is a Wis/Con class?

Inyssius

First Post
Druid, Invoker, Shaman.

All Wisdom primary.
All have Constitution as a possible secondary (I might be wrong on the Shaman).

Wis/Con race?

Yeah, we already know what the Wilden is. It's been in the Compendium for three months. (They're Wis/Con plant people, like 3.5's Killoren, with three racial powers they can switch between with an extended rest.)

Siberys

Adventurer
My guess; The two builds will cover the combat-focused classes from XPH - a wis/con "Psychic Warrior" Defender/Controller, and a wis/dex "Soulknife" defender/striker. Possibly both with a class feature akin to the monk's unarmed strike, representing a soulknife that can be affected by ki focuses.

So;

L - Empath (has this one been confirmed? I remember reading that it was mentioned at one point or another...)
D - Battlemind (confirmed)
C - Psion (confirmed)
S - Monk (confirmed)

yesnomu

First Post
I appreciate WotC's efforts to look less war-obsessed by changing the Warmind into the Battlemind--but now they seem to just be thinking too small-scale! Poor WotC, you can't win.

(Excited to find out what the Divine class is, now.)

Destil

Explorer
Battlemind must be Con primary, because they're not mentioned under the Githzari entry. Good, about time the Con Warlock got a decent mutliclass option and non-twinked half-elves had some more choices for dilettante.

I appreciate WotC's efforts to look less war-obsessed by changing the Warmind into the Battlemind--but now they seem to just be thinking too small-scale! Poor WotC, you can't win.

(Excited to find out what the Divine class is, now.)
They wouldn't be Wis, Con or Dex based, either. My guess is another Str/Cha type...

CelticMutt

First Post
It's going to be the defender, not leader, because it's Con primary, not Wis primary. The reason we know it's Con primary is because the Githzerai were listed as having the primary stat for only one Psionic class (Monk/Dex), with Wis being secondary for all Psionic classes. And there is no way (ok, almost no way, like 99%) that a leader class will have Con as primary.

Assuming the Empath still stands as the Leader (reasonable assumption), it's going to be Cha primary, Wis + one other secondary, I'm betting.

Dire Human

First Post
Who here wants their mind to be blown?

If the Battlemind is a Defender class with Constitution primary... couldn't that Minotaur on the cover of PHB3 be one? What if we've been staring at a heavily-armored, weapon-using psionic class this whole time?

Remove ads