Beadle & Grimm's. Kamigawa Magic: The Gathering.

Speaking of android surrogates, having remote-piloted bodies, sleeve swapping and forked digital copies of player characters was very common in the Eclipse Phase campaign I played in. The GM and all the players in Eclipse Phase have to learn to think outside the box of traditional fleshy human existence. Then the adventures get really wild. 😁

Eclipse Phase RPG is a title what has marked a befor and after in the genre of sci-fi RPG. I say it seriously. The crunch part is the wet dream of a munchkin. But I wonder about the impact of transhumanism in a setting where there is afterlife and the souls are sent to other planes according their good and bad actions.

darjr

I crit!
Eclipse Phase RPG is a title what has marked a befor and after in the genre of sci-fi RPG. I say it seriously. The crunch part is the wet dream of a munchkin. But I wonder about the impact of transhumanism in a setting where there is afterlife and the souls are sent to other planes according their good and bad actions.
Not to take away from Eclipse Phase, lots to love there. But Transhuman Space came out years before. I’m not a GURPS fan any more but I did love that setting.

No Kamgawa RPG books in the Platinium or Silver edition, just cards and accessories.

but there is some new info on Kamigawa, Sagas confirmed, Legends matter set confirmed, Spirit Dragons confirmed, Ninjas confirmed, but most of the mechanics from OG Kamigawa are not returning (leaks from elsewhere show that Channel is an exception to that, it's on a Legendary Land), and it fantasy based Cyberpunk, the Sci Fi part is an illusion, as in the Cyber part is powered by some kind of alternate none Kami based magic, not electricity.

Also in addition to short fiction, they will have short histories, this is they said a more fiction/story focused set, it is not a surprise given we got two stories, released together so far ahead of the set.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
If you prefer reading, the details on Neo Kamigawa are here; An Electrifying First Look at Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty

All the cards are here; Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty Variants

Although a very different world, there is some continuation between old and new Kamigawa. Hidetsugu the ogre is back, the dragon cycle remains (though there are new dragons), and there is still an Emperor (though it's a new one, likely a MTG villain).

1639855990962.png

As for D&D, we probably won't learn if there is a crossover book coming until next year. Netherdeep isn't coming until March, and I wouldn't expect any unannounced releases before then. If the release schedule is better, then maybe a book in April. But considering the differences in releases of the Strixhaven products, you could see a Kamigawa book being released winter 2022.

So, not much point speculating on it now really.

As for D&D, we probably won't learn if there is a crossover book coming until next year. Netherdeep isn't coming until March, and I wouldn't expect any unannounced releases before then. If the release schedule is better, then maybe a book in April.

Netherdeep is being published by WotC, not being written by them. That is being done by the Critical Role people. So it only counts as half a release, if even that, and should not throw off the normal release schedule.

Remove ads