D&D 5E Beadle & Grimm's Platinum and Silver Editions of The Wild Beyond the Witchlight

As always, Beadle & Grimm are producing a deluxe version of the upcoming D&D adventure. The platinum edition will set you back $499, and the silver edition $155. Each includes the full adventure, along with various handouts, maps, cards, miniatures, and more. The Platinum Edition contains: The entire adventure book broken into easy-to-use booklets AND the D&D Beyond Electronic edition! A...

As always, Beadle & Grimm are producing a deluxe version of the upcoming D&D adventure. The platinum edition will set you back $499, and the silver edition $155. Each includes the full adventure, along with various handouts, maps, cards, miniatures, and more.

The Platinum Edition contains:
  • The entire adventure book broken into easy-to-use booklets
    • AND the D&D Beyond Electronic edition!
  • A curated set of 17 pre-painted WizKids minis from their Wild Beyond the Witchlight set, including 2 Huge and 3 Large minis and all 3 Hags
  • Beautifully printed canvas map of the feywild land of Prismeer
  • 10 pulled-out color maps of the Witchlight Carnival and area maps from the adventure
  • 7 original gridded battle maps designed for key areas and encounters in the adventure
  • Exclusive DM Screen with original art of the Witchlight Carnival and Prismeer, along with key tables and information for the adventure on the inside
  • 60 Encounter Cards to show players art of who they’re encountering while showing the DM stats and role-playing information
  • Artist-crafted in-world handouts and artifacts, including letters, clues, posters, jewelry and unique artifacts - like a life-size unicorn horn!
  • DM and Player aids to make gameplay simple, fun and immersive, like Magic Item Cards, NPC Role-playing cards, story trackers, puzzle handouts, art pulled from the book, NPC dialogue prompts and pre-generated characters with backgrounds designed to connect players to the adventure
  • Exclusive bonus encounter content to extend and expand your adventure
  • A plushy of Sir Talavar, the noble faerie dragon Knight!
WitchlightPlatinum-UprightAlt.png

The Silver Edition contains:
  • The entire adventure book broken into easy-to-use booklets
  • Beautifully printed canvas map of the feywild land of Prismeer
  • 10 pulled-out color maps of the Witchlight Carnival and area maps from the adventure
  • 7 original gridded battle maps designed for key areas and encounters in the adventure
  • Exclusive DM Screen with original art of the Witchlight Carnival and Prismeer, along with key tables and information for the adventure on the inside
  • 40 Encounter Cards to show players art of who they’re encountering while showing the DM stats and role-playing information
  • Artist-crafted in-world handouts and artifacts, including letters, clues, posters, jewelry and unique artifacts.
  • DM and Player aids to make gameplay simple, fun and immersive, like Magic Item Cards, NPC Role-playing cards, story trackers, puzzle handouts, art pulled from the book, NPC dialogue prompts and pre-generated characters with backgrounds designed to connect players to the adventure
  • Exclusive bonus encounter content to extend and expand your adventure

WitchlightSilver-Upright.png

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So, either Zybilna (who we already know is the Archfey in charge of Prismeer) is also Tasha (also Iggwilv). Or, they both have the same tattoo in the same place, because Zybilna was also raised by or otherwise connected to Baba Yaga (the tattoo is her symbol, a chicken foot).

In my view, the tattoo being the exact same in the same place is probably more than coincidental, so I'm in the Tasha = Iggwilv = Zibylna.

If that's the case... maybe these Domains of Delight really are mirrors of Domains of Dread, in that their lords are also prisoners. Tasha's done plenty of horrible things to merit the Feywild mists trying to keep her imprisoned. Also, does this mean Tasha has ascended to being an Archfey? Is that even possible?
Yeah, this certainly seems to be indicating that something very weird is up here.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Skabatha may also be the same Granny Nightshade from Greyhawk, or maybe just a coincidence. Which I don't believe in!
Hard to believe in coincidence when we have so many references to 80's material incoming. It strikes me that maybe "Zybilna" has some former compatriots or enemies.from Oerth who hunted her down...

Quickleaf

Legend
So, either Zybilna (who we already know is the Archfey in charge of Prismeer) is also Tasha (also Iggwilv). Or, they both have the same tattoo in the same place, because Zybilna was also raised by or otherwise connected to Baba Yaga (the tattoo is her symbol, a chicken foot).

In my view, the tattoo being the exact same in the same place is probably more than coincidental, so I'm in the Tasha = Iggwilv = Zibylna.

If that's the case... maybe these Domains of Delight really are mirrors of Domains of Dread, in that their lords are also prisoners. Tasha's done plenty of horrible things to merit the Feywild mists trying to keep her imprisoned. Also, does this mean Tasha has ascended to being an Archfey? Is that even possible?
My guess – thanks to the Jabberwock mini and IIRC them mentioning Lewis Carroll as an influence – is that Zybilna is some kind of a mirror clone / alternate version of Tasha. I think the white hair – the opposite of Tasha's dark hair – is hinting at that. So as @darjr was implying, there might be some influences from The Land Beyond the Magic Mirror (EX2).

The only hitch in that theory is that traditionally in D&D your mirror clone is of an opposite alignment. Zybilna is definitely portrayed as evil in Van Richten's Guide. And despite Jeremy Crawford mentioning Tasha being "whatever alignment suits her at the moment" in a Dragon Talk, she's pretty much always been an evil NPC.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
The only hitch in that theory is that traditionally in D&D your mirror clone is of an opposite alignment. Zybilna is definitely portrayed as evil in Van Richten's Guide. And despite Jeremy Crawford mentioning Tasha being "whatever alignment suits her at the moment" in a Dragon Talk, she's pretty much always been an evil NPC.

Well, Iggwilv has always been evil, but Tasha is a bit closer to neutral (with evil tendencies), at least in the Cauldron of Everything portrayal. I do agree though, she's definitely more evil than good.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well, Iggwilv has always been evil, but Tasha is a bit closer to neutral (with evil tendencies), at least in the Cauldron of Everything portrayal. I do agree though, she's definitely more evil than good.
Yeah, that was a change from prior depictions, a bit more nuanced.

Quickleaf

Legend
Same character though, right? Tasha/Iggwilv are just aliases she uses?

It's not like Tasha is a separate personality/consciousness, right? Asking cause I'm not sure.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
With those exorbitant prices on any B&G product... hard pass for me
Exorbitant? Really?
Better come with its own circus tent and a keg of beer for that price. Same.
Considering what is in each box…these are both a good deal. 500$ may be out of reach for most of us, but that doesn’t make it not worth it’s price. And the silver edition is what, 2 1/2 times the MSRP price of a normal D&D book? I’d say the silver edition is well worth the cost of 3 books. The platinum box pushes it a little, but not much.

Nearly every bullet point is worth 20-60 bucks individually, if not more (high quality maps like what they put in are not cheap, nor are the bigger high quality minis).

I really hope they aren’t making the Feywild into a mirror Ravenloft. For butts sake just let things be different from eachother…

Remove ads

Remove ads