D&D 5E Beast master wants to use pet to get +5 to passive perception

Iry

Hero
As I said, it a reasonable interpretation of the text. Other reasonable interpretations exist. DMs, on observing it makes beastmasters even more rubbish, might prefer a more generous one.
Under that interpretation, what happens when I wait for it to take the Dodge action then command it to take another action?

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
Still not a proof of convincing anyone, just a proof of what I predicted you would do, just say that you are right, with zero evidence from RAW, RAI or recognised opinions. Thanks for proving me right.
Except I said in the very post you quoted that people agreeing with anyone doesn't make them right or wrong. Yet here you claim I say I "that [I'm] right." Strange.

Lyxen

Great Old One
Except I said in the very post you quoted that people agreeing with anyone doesn't make them right or wrong. Yet here you claim I say I "that [I'm] right." Strange.

I was right (and am, again), another post from you without any content. But please do continue, every new post of the kind just proves my point, you have zero proof or support for what you try to impose as your truth.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
I was right (and am, again), another post from you without any content. But please do continue, every new post of the kind just proves my point, you have zero proof or support for what you try to impose as your truth.
I neither have the power nor the inclination to "impose" anything here. Your replies are getting quite strange. Are you okay?

But anyway, all the proof anyone needs has already been posted many times over. You just don't like it. And that's fine.

Lyxen

Great Old One
I neither have the power nor the inclination to "impose" anything here.

Thankfully you don't have the power, which doesn't keep you from trying.

But anyway, all the proof anyone needs has already been posted many times over. You just don't like it. And that's fine.

Indeed, it has, but not by you, people would be far better off actually reading the rules, listening to the RAI from the devs or to the advice out there than to you.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
Thankfully you don't have the power, which doesn't keep you from trying.

Indeed, it has, but not by you, people would be far better off actually reading the rules, listening to the RAI from the devs or to the advice out there than to you.
Now who is trying to "impose" something others? Not me. People can read what I write and make up their own minds. It seems like a few agree with my position and this thread has generated a lot of Likes for my Reaction Score count. That's a good result in my view. (y)

Lyxen

Great Old One
Now who is trying to "impose" something others? Not me.

Yes, you. All I'm advising is for people NOT to follow your totally incorrect and unsupported view, that reduces player choices and causes them to lose their turn.

People can read what I write and make up their own minds. It seems like a few agree with my position and this thread has generated a lot of Likes for my Reaction Score count. That's a good result in my view. (y)

Good if you're happy, and I'm glad that it's clear why you are doing this. As for me, I'm not hunting likes, I'm just happy if people followed a few of the links provided to interpretations which are open and player-friendly, the way the game is supposed to be played.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
Yes, you. All I'm advising is for people NOT to follow your totally incorrect and unsupported view, that reduces player choices and causes them to lose their turn.

Good if you're happy, and I'm glad that it's clear why you are doing this. As for me, I'm not hunting likes, I'm just happy if people followed a few of the links provided to interpretations which are open and player-friendly, the way the game is supposed to be played.
I know you're not hunting for Likes, but I do like how you went from decrying OneTrueWayism at the start of the thread to engaging in full-throated support of it now. Getting to the truth and on the record for future use is another good result in my view. (y)

And, with that, my part here is concluded.

Lyxen

Great Old One
I know you're not hunting for Likes, but I do like how you went from decrying OneTrueWayism at the start of the thread to engaging in full-throated support of it now. Getting to the truth and on the record for future use is another good result in my view. (y)

So, in your way, the game is not supposed to be open and player-friendly, and saying that it has to be that way is "OneTrueWayism" ?

I mean compared to saying that the one true rule is that people who are distracted are mandatorily surprised because otherwise perception is overpowered ?

On this, like on actually reading rules, I think you have many things to learn about the game...

And, with that, my part here is concluded.

Good for you.

Remove ads