D&D 5E Beowulf 5E: The Hermit's Sanctuary Free Adventure

You can download a free D&D adventure called The Hermit's Sanctuary from Handiwork Games, as part of their upcoming 5E-powered Beowulf: Age of Heroes setting. It's designed for one player and one GM, so great for those at home during the pandemic! It's quite the package, too! You get a 52-page adventure, battle maps, four regenerated characters, tokens, character sheets, rules quick sheet...

You can download a free D&D adventure called The Hermit's Sanctuary from Handiwork Games, as part of their upcoming 5E-powered Beowulf: Age of Heroes setting. It's designed for one player and one GM, so great for those at home during the pandemic!

Hermits_promo2_800.jpg

It's quite the package, too! You get a 52-page adventure, battle maps, four regenerated characters, tokens, character sheets, rules quick sheet, and adventure flowcharts. All for free!

Also, if you're looking for stats for Beowulf himself, be sure to check out this 2018 entry in Mike Myler's Mythological Figures column!

Beowulf is one of the oldest myths around - an epic tale of a hero against monsters. Handiwork Games is releasing a 5E setting designed for duet play, with new subclasses like the Hero. It's coming to Kickstarter pretty soon.

But anyway. Download the free adventure!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I've read about half of the adventure in preparation to run it next week for my wife. I am blown away so far. Great art and I like almost all the rules changes I see.

Note that, despite them putting a blank character sheet in the download package, you don't have enough/any information about the Hero class and its new subclasses to be able to create your own hero. The four pregens are really interesting and show a surprising amount of range. And all you 13th Warrior fans out there (and if you're reading this thread, you should read that novel and/or see the movie), there's a pregen that's got you covered.

This will likely have to be my last Kickstarter campaign of 2020, but this has me primed for it.

Remove ads

Remove ads