Besides D&D, what are you playing?

PabloM

Explorer
YGWV - Your Glorantha Will Vary. Whatever you do with Glorantha. it's your setting once you start playing with it. There have been several parts of canon that I've disregarded, modified or used for a different purpose in my time.
Yes, this is an amazing move. All published campaign settings advise the same, but being an explicit rule is great.

(the new RQ: Glorantha has made some big changes to the current status of the setting locally)
Could you, if you don't mind, tell me what those big changes were? because I'm reading from different sources and some contradictions make me a bit dizzy.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the advice! Apple Lane it is, and I will check the Pavis Boxed Set and Valley of Plenty, even if it's as inspiration to set the right tone and theme.

Bluenose

Adventurer
Could you, if you don't mind, tell me what those big changes were? because I'm reading from different sources and some contradictions make me a bit dizzy.
Most of the earlier material was set in 1615-1620. So the Lunar Empire controlled Sartar, Prax and Pavis and was trying to advance couthwards into the Holy Country. Since then we've had the death of the Holy Country's leader and a civil war in that land; Pavis has been captured by an alliance of animal nomads and local Orlanthi rebels; most of the Lunar army and leadership in Dragon Pass has been destroyed and Sartarite rebels have driven the rest out; and there's also strife in Lunar Tarsh. That's all happened in Dragon Pass and Prax in ten years of the setting. Most older scenarios need modification to work in the new era, particularly the ones around Pavis and Prax where the Lunar presence was very obvious.

Advertisement2

Advertisement4