Best adventures from Dungeon Magazine

barsoomcore said:
I converted a couple of my favourite Dungeon adventures into the storyline of my Kung Fu Angels game:

Racing The Snake (PCs must distract an assassin for three days)
And Madness Followed (somebody performs "The King In Yellow". And madness, er, followed)

I also used "Tammeraut's Fate" as the opening for my Dead Man's Chest Campaign. GREAT adventure.
Racing the Snake is one of only two Dungeon adventures I've ever run.

(The other one was called something like Dragon Hunters, and featured a T-Rex.)

I ran it as a one shot and really enjoyed it.

Glyfair

Explorer
BTW...

Honorable mention: All of the Challenge of Champions

Nice for a change of pace adventure, or one where I didn't have time to prepare and I need something that will fit any level.

Oryan77

Adventurer
wedgeski said:
I ran Beast of Burden as a New Year's one-shot and it went down spectacularly well. I believe it's also in the top ten Dungeon adventures as listed in the last issue.
I just started running Beast of Burden on Sunday. The players spent most of the session just trying to get on top of the beast :p

We should finish it the next time we play. I heavily modified the creatures on board it though.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Oryan77 said:
I just started running Beast of Burden on Sunday....I heavily modified the creatures on board it though.

I kept them as they were but decided to give one of the Gnolls an above average intelligence and wisdom, then for and every few Story Hour chapters I did narration from his perspective. It gave the story an interesting twist and has also set me up for a follow-up module with the character.

Ant

First Post
At the time Tammeraut's Fate was the only published adventure I'd ever DMed (I was very much strictly in the "If it's not home-brewed then it's not worth doing" crowd). It was such a success on all counts that it completely converted me over to running more published adventures/modules.
barsoomcore said:
I also used "Tammeraut's Fate" as the opening for my Dead Man's Chest Campaign. GREAT adventure.

Wik

First Post
My current top fives:

Tammeraut's Fate: Good chance to kill some zombies, and I sort of like the "reverse dungeon" aspect to it (you defend against invaders)
Siege of the Spider Eaters: A good choice for a low-level adventure that has some meat to it. Apparently, the fight against the huge creature was just hard enough, from what I've heard. I haven't had the chance to run it, yet.
The Sea Wyvern's Wake:I think this is one of my favourite STAP adventures, although the part I was looking forward to the most (Tamoachan) was kind of a let down. Some of the scenes we had playing this were just CLASSIC, though. There is no honour might be a better STAP adventure, though.
Kill Bargle! It may be a bit too "OD&D" for some people, as some of the room entries are a bit weird ("if you sit on this bed, you get a sleep spell cast on you that lasts for X years. If you are tickled while on this bed, etc..." and then doesn't say anything about exactly WHY you would be tickled!). But I like it anyways, simply for the classic feel. Been looking for a chance to run it.
Fallen Angel: Ran through this about a month or so ago, and it was a lot of fun. The part we really had fun with, though (figuring out whether or not our employer was trying to screw us over) really wasn't written into the adventure, so I dunno if I should really be putting it on my list.

Remove ads