Best Character backstories/protrayal in a long-term campaign

Kel Ardan

Explorer
A few from memory:

A Orphaned Moon Elf rogue who was raised by a human street performer/ cat burglar. After he was older his adopted father was killed by Zhents in a Zhentarim controlled area and he started living a double life (a gambling establishment owner and a robin hood style rogue who harassed the Zhentarim as much as he could.

An elder Malkavian who had multiple personality disorder and during stressful times the GM would roll a 10 sided die to see what personality he would switch to (All kinds of fun to role play). He also had disciplines that allowed him to pull off things to fit the personalities and they ranged from Thor God of Thunder to more mundane things like an accountant or a woman in labor.

A female rogue who used a mask of disguise and other minor magics to impersonate her father to fit in with his old adventuring group to find out who either killed her father or where he might have disappeared to. Fun character who I constantly gave hints about her being a woman of higher station with the constant need to bathe brush her hair and simple ways she held herself whenever I would fail a check to keep fooling the others in the party.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I was part of a play test for GURPS: VtM.

My character was a P.I. before he was embraced by an ancient and powerful Brujah. But the process of becoming undead caused him to have a mental breakdown. In his insanity, he “reasoned” that his newfound speed and strength meant he had become a superhero. Thus was born Major Mosquito, a Brujah as mad as a Malkavian- and a vampire who often fought vampires as he patrolled the city of Austin at night.

Remove ads