Best.Character.Name.Evar!!!!!!!!111!!

Darth Shoju

First Post
lol

originally posted by masque
Mentos, the Fleshmaker

ROFL

:D

I'm sorry, but I guess I just have an odd sense of humour. I found that quite funny. :)

So Mark, what are the best character names from your experience?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I was looking for a hook for my first Rolemaster character and decided that he was from a society that gave their knights new sylables to their names when they performed heroic deeds. I came up with Relinsingarsunlyer. Of course we quickly found out that seven sylable names are neat in theory, less so in practice. His name got shortened to Rel and I've used it as a screen name for years.

Years later, also in a RM game, I came up with the coolest character name I've ever produced: Rhojhex of Khedric. He was immortalized when I included him in some of the flavor text of the Rolemaster Essence Companion. When I went to sign up to play NWN online, I tried to use that name and somebody else had already taken it :eek: ;). Oh well, I guess that's the price of fame.

Just last week, when coming up with characters for a one-shot adventure to run for some friends while vacationing at the beach, I came up with a great name (although not to be taken too seriously): Mugnutz the Blue - Orcish Wizard of Chaos! When I offered to run the same game at the next NC Game Day, our very own Henry jumped on the opportunity to play Mugnutz the Blue in half a heartbeat.

However, I'll ever be a piker until I come up with something to rival Gleep Wurp the Eyebiter.

Elvinis75

First Post
Elvinis prince of the elves (first character) 13 Y.O.
Vanye Sulie Ar'cu (Fair winds Golden bow) (Fighter mage)
Nicolas Thallion Shakarus (Cleric of Fire)

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Ceasar Fasione (SAY-zar FAY-zon) Daytime soap opera (I forget which one) as the coolest villian name. Always wanted to steal it...

KithKalian Khaladuar - Elven noble rogue, ussually having something to do assassins (either being one, or having failed to be one, or on his way to being one). I have played Kith a great many times reprising his the role in many different fantasy systems.

Midnight - Aussie Assassin. Originaly played in Shadowrun, was reprised for Vampire the Masqurade LARP as an Assamite. Very humorous stories and most other character think he's insane.

Merritt Stone - Solid warrior style character, always something of a mystery. Played in a handful of different games. Stolen from MST3K during a period of movies in which "Merritt Stone" was somehow involved and Joel and the Bots would shout "Whoes Merritt Stone?" during the credits and opening.

TTFN

Gothmog

First Post
My best character name would have to be for a Champions game I played in about 5 years ago. I had a black ex-pimp, with tons of gold jewelry, a purple crushed velvet lesuire suit, wiry build, a 'fro, and a feather in his hat. His name was Buc Nasty, and he had a Pimp Slap that did 3d6 killing attack.

Other notables:

Grumbles Pyrite- a 2E gnome fighter/illusionist who was delusional and believed his illusions were an unrealized true reality that others couldn't see unless he channeled them.

Buckethead- a 1E human cleric whose name came from his mini- which looked like it had a KFC bucket over his head. Started out as a joke character, but I took him to 13th level. He was killed and raised several times, each time coming out of the ground saying "Buckethead lives!!!"

Grod the Witless- a NG 1E human fighter who (honestly) had a 3 Intelligence and an 18/00 Strength. We were playing with a DM who didn't allow us to reroll low stats or reorder them, and at first I thought this would be an unplayable character. As it turned out, he was a lot of fun, and much loved by the other PCs despite his big mouth and uncouth ways. He finally found an intelligent battle axe with an Int of 14 that coached him through his mid to high levels (ending at 12th lvl or so).

Woart- another person's character in a 3E game I am playing in now. Woart is a goblin necromancer, with a fondness for animating hordes of skeletal and zombie rats, cats, and other vermin. The guy who plays him always speaks in a nasal, raspy voice, and ends every sentence with "meh". I guess its the goblin equivalent of the Canadian "ay". :D

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
My current one is Djeta (Jay-dah) Thernadier (Ther-nard-ee-ay).

Djeta is a Romani (Gypsy) name....a variation off a name of a Romani woman that was interviewed in a book I read once. Thernadier is the last name of a couple of the rather unsavory characters in Les Miserables (the fun loving, but scoundrel like innkeeper, his wife and daughter, Eponine).

Put them together and you get Djeta Thernadier.

So I can't take full credit for making THAT up. Although, I did stick the two names together...so that gives me SOME credit , right?

My boyfriend runs a character in one of his games named Cyrus Nephroon... not sure where he got it (I asked and it's not from the Michael Nesmith book) but it's a kicky name. I always liked it.

My PC has a horse named Dexy's Midnight Runner. (but we just call her Dexy)

:)

~S

Anti-Sean

First Post
Our WEG Star Wars campaign in high school was played pretty lightly and tongue-in-cheek. We had a freindly competition to come up with the silliest names for our characters (extra points if it was related to their class). The list of luminaries included:

Darne Turbulence, the X-Wing Pilot
Imonda Runn, the Outlaw
Whishwaeus Norrth, the Laconic Scout

(I can't remember the jedi's name, but he came from the planet Argyle, had a backpack full of lightsabers shaped like golf clubs, and spoke with a horrible Scottish accent.)
My two favorites, aside from Whishwaeus, were the jedi's protocol droid caddy, C-4OU (complete with whisk[e]y dispenser), and the pilot's astromech droid, R2-RNOT.

Ten years later, and I still laugh when I think about those. I need help... :)

[edit - fixing the omnipresent typos...]

Last edited:

Ormraxes

First Post
A friend of mine had a fighter named Pontius Platypus. That fighter died before he got to play him much, despite rolling an average of 8 hit points per level.

Rugger

Explorer
Ah...names....

I was always partial to my dwarven brothers: the Thundertrundles. Ivan, Trotsky and Rollo.

And the halfling family my friends and I play in Living Greyhawk: the Briarbrambles. Quinn, Jillian, Merrick and Alixis.

The Lady Octavia Boomthistle: halfling paladin of Arvoreen. (yeah, I got a thing fer halflings...so sue me.) :)

And then there's the Baklunish warrior that one of my crew nearly got by me: I'Sheetz M'Druurrz (it's from a recent SNL sketch with DeNiro...)

I've found that I have to say the name out loud before fully OK'ing my players PC's...

-Rugger
"I Lurk!"

ejja_1

First Post
names

Gruk- The Halforc Barbarian, who mostly grunted instead of speaking.
Adian Truepath-Elven Ranger.
Milo Weatherby-Halfling Sorcerer.
Lurg-Halforc Bard, stole this from a good friend who played the character to the hilt bad singing voice and all.
Silf-Halfelf Rogue.
Hazel-Female Druid.
Chuck- used this name for several different characters, the most notable was a Monk. He was always introduced by others as brother Chuck.
Zed P. Barnhuas- Human Fighter, when asked what his middle initial stood for his patent answer was always " Well it sure as hell don't stand for Pussy."
Targ Foehammer-Dwarf Fighter.
Other than those above, I would use any first name I could think of that sounded goofy and put Mctagert on the end of it. A good friend of mine named Joe would always end his characters names in Mctagert, and then claim them all to be decendants of or related to each other. He then would produce this old faded and moth eaten character sheet from 1st ed, with pumped up stats and tons of magical items saying that this was the original Mctagert who besides being insanely powerfull all by himself was also the lord of a vast empire of loyal subjects that would fight to the death for his glory. So I started using names like Kahn Mctagert, Lucy Mctagert(for a boy), Felix Mctagert, Sune tsang Mctagert and of course the ever popular Chuck Mctagert.

Remove ads