• Dark Elf Trilogy

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Icewind Dale Trilogy

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Cleric Quintet

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • I, Strahd

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Saga of the Old Cities (Gord the Rogue)

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Misc Harpers (Ring of Winter, Song of Ice, etc)

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Finder's Stone (Azure Bonds, etc)

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Knight of the Black Rose

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Vox Machina

• Cormyr Saga

• Spellfire

• Avatar Series (Shadowdale, Waterdeep, etc)

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Module Novels (White Plume Mountain, Keep on the Borderlands, etc)

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Songs and Swords series

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Neverwinter Saga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 17 22.1%

Sacrosanct

Legend
Vote as many times as you want. I'm trying to limit super prolific authors like Salvatore to just a few series rather than list all of his books, and you'll notice when possible, I'm grouping by series instead of each book individually due to brevity.

These are D&D novels specifically, so no Deed of Pakenarrion.

As much as I dislike the changes that it made to the setting in retrospect, I did totally love the Prism Pentax Pentad series when I read it back in the day.

edit: I seem to have trained my autocorrect in some oddly specific ways.

Shiroiken

Legend
I'd include Evermeet as one of the best FR novels, but the original 6 Dragonlance are pretty much the best.

FYI it's "Saga of Old City," not "Saga of the Old Cities"

SakanaSensei

Adventurer
I often see… ire? Online for all things Drizzt, but I’ve had to have read Honeland-Sojourn at least 3-4 times since I discovered them in middle school.

Lycurgon

Adventurer
I haven't read a lot of D&D novels. I only recently read the Dark Elf trilogy and enjoyed it.

As a kid I read the Dragonlance trilogies and a few other Dragonlance books and enjoyed them.
Young me also read Rose Estes' Greyhawk Adventures Trilogy about Mika the Wolf Nomad Shaman (Master Wolf, The price of power, The demon hand). I remember loving them at the time although think they are probably notl very good.

I also remember liking Endless Quest Gamebooks, mostly the early Rose Estes ones, which I guess might not count as novels.

I would vote for The Crystal Shard, but since it's lumped in with a trilogy, and the other books aren't very good, I can't bring myself to do so. Voted other.

Tempted to vote for Spellfire just for the LOLs. It's a shame Ed Wood isn't still alive to make a movie version.

I also enjoyed the Matzica trilogy by Douglas Niles.
There is too much to like but I'd have to go with Chronicles due to the sheer volume of work that surrounds those nostalgic characters - Tales, Preludes, Legends, Raistlin Chronicles, War of Souls etc including Knight of the Black Rose.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases