• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best d20 products?

Emiricol

I'm fond of Seas of Blood from Mongoose Publishing. Greate sourcebook for simple naval rules that can be used in most any setting.

I'd next recomment Traps and Treachery, but you already have it :D

For settings, I have only two that I currently care about; The 13 Kingdoms (check my sig) and Midnight from Fantasy Flight Games. Can't say enough good things about Midnight, and T13K is really a unique experience.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Best sourcebook: Lords of the Night: Vampires from Bottle Imp Games. It's really really really really really good.

I think 7 Cities is probably my next favorite.

Best adventure, well, it's old, but I really liked NeMoren's Vault.

MikeWilliams

First Post
I suggest taking a look around, and seeing which companies have been publishing d20 material for a while, and are still at it. There's a reason that they've survived as publishers during the era of many, many d20 releases.

Voadam

Legend
sorry for the hijack but Mike, is there any chance of Earthdawn d20 material? I've used a ton of earthdawn stuff in my D&D campaign.

Voadam

Legend
Enceladus said:

Yeah, only on every other page. :)

:) Opinions vary on that. I threw out three spells off the bat for my game the assassin one, the 9th level cleric conversion one and the multiple con drain save for half one.

I like the flavor for every spell and item, and I like the ritual system (used in at least three other products).

Skinny, what topic of sourcebooks do you want advice for.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Well, I don't own a lot of d20 products, as I'm pretty picky about what I buy (not due to a lack of funds, though):

I like
1) Kenzer's"Kingdoms of Kalamar" campaign setting book; and
2) FFG's "Midnight" campaign setting;

And, that is about it. The player's guides for the above books are pretty good, too, but not really necessary.

I have a few others from other publishers, but I've yet to spend money on much else besides official WotC product and the Kalamar books from Kenzer. I've thumbed through dozens of other books, though.

Crothian

First Post
Book of the Rightious, still my all time favorite. Add to that Mutants and Mastermind and Freedom City and Green Ronin is having one hell of a year.

Book of Taverns by Necromancy games was so much better then I ever expected and I was expecting it to be damn good.

Slaine by Mongoose. A book based on a comic I'd never heard of was not supposed to make me go out and buy the supplements. This is the one setting I'm going to run no matter what.

Monsters Handbook. Take it and the MM and you have a million monster options that the PCs will not expect, even those that know the MM front and back.

Carnifex

First Post
Privateer Press's Monsternomicon for their Iron Kingdoms setting is an excellent monster book, IMO the best I've seen yet.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads