D&D General best Feywild (or the like) adventures/modules?

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I've got a bit of a hankering to run a short- or mid-length (i.e. not months and months of weekly gaming) game set in the Feywild, or with a good chunk of activity there. So I guess something 2-8 sessions long?

I'm not married to 5E's version of the Feywild, or even "the Feywild" as a specific setting - just "the land of Faerie" would do, as long as it's roughly compatible with 5E-type PCs. I'm fine with converting/swapping out NPCs and monsters and such.

Recommend away!

Last edited:

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
If I can plug a product my own product, we publish a book called the Runewild that you might enjoy. As written it's technically in the prime plane, but in a forest highly influenced by the fairy realm, with lots of weird fey, talking animals, and scheming witches, and most of it could easily just be ported entirely into the Feywild.

While on the whole it's larger than what you're looking for, it's quite sandbox with lots of encounters that can taken individually or clustered in small groups.

Ace

Adventurer
If I can plug a product my own product, we publish a book called the Runewild that you might enjoy. As written it's technically in the prime plane, but in a forest highly influenced by the fairy realm, with lots of weird fey, talking animals, and scheming witches, and most of it could easily just be ported entirely into the Feywild.

While on the whole it's larger than what you're looking for, it's quite sandbox with lots of encounters that can taken individually or clustered in small groups.
Kind of beat me to the punch.

Note I do not have the main book as I'm not playing D&D at this time but I have the freebies for the setting and they were quite impressive. Ms. Switch Swine Witch definitely hits the twisted faerie tale vibe for me.

Raith5

Adventurer
It is not strictly fey but I have always thought that UK 1 Beyond the Crystal Cave (an old 1e adventure) had some fey elements and de-emphasised combat and had good roleplaying elements.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter

I came here to say this. Runewild is an amazing book. It's a sandbox adventure, but with a ton of cross-linking between entries to keep things moving. I love it and wish all adventures were like this. (It reminds me of a Savage Worlds plot-point campaign.)

EDIT: You said 2-8 sessions... the Runewild can keep a group busy for years. So I'd browse through and find a plotline or two that seems interesting and drop those hooks in front of the players.

Last edited:

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
Maybe the Planescape 2e module Something Wild? I've never perused it, so don't know if it's any good.

The DM's guild product history includes the following notes:

"The expansion of the Beastlands is the most important, because much of the adventure is centered on that plane and the goals of its denizens. Signpost, which lies on the border between the plane's top two layers, is also detailed. Finally, the Cat Lord gets a spotlight; he's a strange being dating back to Monster Manual II (1983) that had never received much attention previously, except in Gary Gygax's Dance of Demons (1988) novel."

Remove ads