D&D 5E Best location for Against the Slave Lords

ddaley

Explorer
Against the Slave Lords (the A series from the early 80s) is obviously not set in the Forgotten Realms. But, I plan to run this for my 5e group. Where in Forgotten Realms should I set this? Has anyone run this using 5e and the Next play test stat conversions from WotC?

Did they do stat conversions for any other old school modules?

Sacrosanct

Legend
Two years ago I played that using 5e, but then again, I was playing in Greyhawk and not FR. If I were to use FR, then probably Thay or Luskan would be my choices. Or anywhere where slave trade is a thing.

I believe there is some seagoing slave trading, so somewhere along the Sword Coast makes the most sense. I second Luskan.
You can get the best maps of the region and such.

Other than that, somewhere on the Sea of Fallen Stars makes sense. Chessenta or it's conquered neighbour Threskel would work.

ddaley

Explorer
Thanks. I'll read up on Thay and Luskan. Even though I have been playing D&D for many years, we never really used the settings. But, since playing 5e, we have been using Forgotten Realms. We have only explored a small part of it however.

Stormdale

Explorer
I used it in the early 90s set along the Sword Coast with A3-A4 based in the Cloud Peaks. I also added an extra adventure, Vescient from Dungeon (#16?) to the campaign.

Stormdale

aco175

Legend
If you are looking for something closer to the traditional Waterdeep region of Forgotten Realms, I would place it in Llorkh. It is up the river from Daggerford and leads through the mountains to the desert. I think the Zhentarim use it for trade and to bring slaves out of the region.

ddaley

Explorer
Thanks... I'll check all of these places out. Based on location I think I am leaning toward Luskan or Llorkh. I think I could easily work in some other material around those locations.

If you are looking for something closer to the traditional Waterdeep region of Forgotten Realms, I would place it in Llorkh. It is up the river from Daggerford and leads through the mountains to the desert. I think the Zhentarim use it for trade and to bring slaves out of the region.

Sammael

Adventurer
If you wish to tie the story with Realmslore a bit more, bear in mind that the Xanathar's Guild and the Iron Ring are two Waterdeep (Skullport)-based organizations that are engaged in slave trade. Ahmaergo ("horned dwarf") is a double agent who works for both.

Remove ads