Best MiC items for a paladin

insanogeddon

First Post
Vs tactics just need to keep options open which is coverd by costly basics:

Boots of Flying
Ring: Freedom of Movement
Helm of Teleportation
Armour with Etheralness
Eyes of Cheating (more a player item some use)

Holy Avenger never hurts eithr !!

Sharkon

First Post
If you cannot decide what items to take so that you are effective and the dm does not offer enough gold you could take vow of poverty. It is good and suits to a paladin's rp

griff_goodbeard

First Post
It may not be sexy… but I'm a firm believer that you can't go wrong with the basics. Especially if you've got a meat-grinder type DM. Things like: Stat boosters for str, con, the best magic armor you can afford, magic weapon '+'s' (I steer clear of the fancy enhancements myself, but that may be a point of personal preference), ring of protection, cloak of resistance. Also items that compensate for a weakness. For warriors that includes boots of flying (don't want to have to depend on that wizard of yours saving a 3rd level spell for you). Ring of freedom of Movement is always nice too.

Darklone

It's a paladin, so don't forget the stat boosters for Cha (you might drop the vest of resistance and concentrate on high charisma for saves) and max turning a bit. Extra Turning and Divine Shield/Vigor/Might might be interesting too (perhaps 2 levels fighter or think about the prestige paladin in UA).

Holy weapon enchantment. Go for it, you'll love it. MIC has holy burst or some similar weapon crystals IIRC.

What's the gold amount for a 8th level character... 20 - 30K?

Go with the basics:

+1 Full Plate Mail, Light Fortification (5,650gp)

+1 Lg. Steel Shield, Death Ward (4,120gp) [I think that D.W. is a +1 enc.]

Ring of Mystic Healing ( ~3,000gp) [cast a CLW and spend 4 charged to add 4d6 to the spell cast...]

Ring of Protection +1 (2,000gp)

Vest of Resistance +2 (4,000gp)

Cloak of Charisma +2 (4,000gp)

Longsword +1, Flaming (8,320gp)

It doesn't get much more basic than that.

If you're gold piece output is higher in your campaign, I'd upgrade the Full Plate to mithril, or the longsword to adamantine. If it's lower, drop the flaming enhancement, and the death ward off of the shield.

Remove ads