• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Betrayal Legacy

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yes, I'm aware that there's a board game forum, but it doesn't get many eyeballs...

You want a good holiday gift for a game-playing friend? Find a copy of Betrayal Legacy, give it to someone, and ask really nicely to be allowed to play the campaign with them.

This is "Betrayal at the House on the Hill", given the Legacy game treatment. It is perhaps not for those who are looking for a tactics-based or resource-management game, as there are too many twists and turns that you cannot predict to make such work, but it is a whole bundle of fun. It is the game equivalent of a page-turner that you do not want to put down...

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
How’s it different from regular Betrayal?

A given session is in many ways similar to regular Betrayal - you are exploring a haunted house, you discover rooms as you go, and at some point the Haunt begins, and someone plays the role of the bad guys. All that is as you expect.

There are two general ways campaign play is different:

1) Many of the game elements are hidden from you at start of play. You don't have full decks of Items, Events, and Omens at the start of play, for example. These are discovered as a result of play, and the ones you discover may not be the ones I discover. The campaign is a 13 episodes, and I am told that any given group will see only about half the cards provided in the box.

2) Some game elements are permanently changed over the course of play. Some are outright destroyed, others change in function.

The rulebook lists a number of differences that are not spoilery, and I'll try to summarize them when I am home with the rules.

Remove ads