• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Big Fictional Gun Illustrations (Now 45 Illos!)

Henry

Autoexreginated
I'm applying for the gullible award today.

When you wrote "A mexican arms company in the 20's reproduced the classic Uzi," my first thought was "waitaminit, UZI's weren't around in the 20's!!!"

Then I realized WHICH 20's you were speaking of. :eek:

Those are some sweet designs. I could easily visualize someone producing something like those 11.5mm pistols even today, in a 10mm model.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
One more for this morning...

I started this one last night, was done everything but the trigger, and then managed to crash the program... without having saved a backup.

So I started from scratch this morning.

Bah.

===

The evolution of the MP5 line, using the grip as the magazine well, the MP10 line was introduced in 2010 and is the lightest variation of the line to date. It uses a bolt-restraint system to control the rate of fire and keep recoil under control.

Attachments

• mp10-slimline.jpg
    mp10-slimline.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 128

HellHound

Thanks Henry. I'm a gun-nut. I love firearms. I read about them non-stop, and know painfully too much about them... which I hope is reflected in my designs which incorporate design elements from a lot of exisiting firearms but puts them together in new ways - the goal is to have believable yet fictional guns.

HellHound

I couldn't resist, and obviously, neither could Heckler & Koch.

The MP10 was such a small sub-gun, that it was only a matter of time before someone tried to make it smaller.

The MP10K uses a smaller magazine and a shortened front end, completely removing the foregrip. The end result is a machine pistol with all the style and looks of an MP series H&K subgun.

---

And that's enough for this morning - I have to get back to work on my Shape-Memory Polymers chapter for New Tribes.

Attachments

• mp10k.jpg
    mp10k.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 108

HellHound

Here are some 10mm automatics from Cameron & Sooch.

Cameron & Sooch developed the Elite as a special operations firearm as well as a general purpose automatic. The name implies that the firearm is more than just functional, but it doesn't really live up to it. The Elite is a sturdy and functional 10mm automatic with an 11 round magazine.

The operations model of the Elite features a longer structure and barrel than the Elite, and is designed to accept a proprietary suppressor. Also included is an extended capacity magazine that clips into the base of the magazine well, increasing the capacity of the firearm to 16 rounds.

Finally, there is a machine-pistol edition of the C&S Elite (which is probably my fave picture out of all the guns I've done so far in this thread).

Attachments

• cs-elite.jpg
    cs-elite.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 91
  • cs-operations-elite.jpg
    cs-operations-elite.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 79
  • cs-elite-16.jpg
    cs-elite-16.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 97

HellHound

Once I discovered that E.N.World was down... I was going through withdrawal.

On the first day of withdrawal, I illustrated these:

Olin, a U.S. firm best known for shotguns, developed this primarily polymer-framed assault rifle for internal security and for outlicensing to other security companies. It has seen some use by South American corporations and border security in South Africa.

With such a rugged design of their own creation under their belts, it was inevitable that the design team at Olin would attempt to mate the PT770 with the action from a shotgun. The PT12 is the result, and is capable of controlled burst fire with reasonable recoil due to the bullpup construction and the heavier construction in this system than in the PT770.

Attachments

• olin-pt12.jpg
    olin-pt12.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 94
  • olin-pt770.jpg
    olin-pt770.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 94

HellHound

So, once it had fully sunk in that ENWorld was down for more than a few hours...

I illustrated some more guns. :)

Paladin is an armoury based in England in my setting. The Model 3 SMG was their primary product and first entry into the military and police market.

With the success of the Model 3 design, Paladin designers went back to the drawing board to rebuild the gun in a more compact package. The end result is the Model 3 Short, with shortened front end and an additional 'assault'-style foregrip.

The Paladin Model 4 actually predates the Model 3, design-wise. The design was ready, but did not go into production, in 2021. The Model 3 was designed entirely using the systems developed for the Model 4. The Model 4 proper only went into production in late 2027.

Attachments

• paladin-model3.jpg
    paladin-model3.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 98
  • paladin-model3short.jpg
    paladin-model3short.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 93
  • paladin-model4.jpg
    paladin-model4.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 96

HellHound

Ferret; I wasn't planning on producing pics of guns from the real world. The FN P90 is covered by Weapons Locker by Wizards of the Coast, and I would assume it is also in Ultramodern Firearms (but I haven't checked that book in quite some time, and can never remember what was in which book now). The p90c is just a P90 loading 10mm instead of the proprietary round loaded into the normal P90.

Ferret

Explorer
Oh, ok, I kind of knew that but I didn't know you weren't doing them. What about some of the made up weapons from fallout like the Gauss gun?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads