• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Big Nasty Jungle Snake: Presenting the Xajexe.

Krishnath

First Post
I hope you like it.

----------

Xajexe
Huge Magical Beast
Hit Dice:
6d10+12 (45 hp)
Initiative: +8
Speed: 20’ (4 squares), climb 20’, swim 20’,
Armor Class: 18 (-2 size, +4 dex, +6 natural), touch 12, flat footed 14,
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+19
Attack: Bite +10 melee (2d6+7 plus poison)
Full Attack: Bite +10/+5 melee (2d6+7 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 15’/10’ (coiled)
Special Attacks: Poison, Eye rays,
Special Qualities: Scent, Immunities, Damage reduction 5/magic, SR 16, Chameleon Skin.
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 19, Con 15, Int 7, Wis 12, Cha 14,
Skills: Balance +13, Climb +14, Hide +4, Listen +6, Spot +6, Swim +6,
Feats: Ability Focus: Poison, Combat Reflexes, Improved initiative,
Environment: Warm forest and marsh
Organization: Solitary or pair
Challenge Rating: 5
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil
Advancement: 7-18 HD (huge)

A massive snake with black scales and patterns of red and gold slither forth from the roots of the massive jungle trees. With a hiss it coils, staring at you with red glowing eyes.

Xajexe, also called demon snakes by the people of the jungle, are monstrous predatory snakes possessing a lethal gaze and deadly poison.
The Xajexe was originally created by the yuan-ti as a sentient guardian, but the snakes proved to deadly even for the yuan-ti and where released into their jungle habitat. The massive serpents have no loyalty towards the yuan-ti, and often prey upon the snake people if given the chance.
Xajexe speak the yuan-ti tounge with hissing whispers.

Combat:
A Xajexe usually start combat by coiling up and fixing it’s deadly gaze on the creature closest to itself. It will continue to use it’s eye rays on the creatures close to it, using it’s superior dexterity and reflexes to strike against those creatures foolish enough to try and close with the serpent. If facing a loosing battle, the snake will use it’s chameleon skin ability to camouflage itself as it flees.
Eye Rays (Sp): The Xajexe has three different eye rays it can use in combat, each ray is useable three times per day and resembles the spell with the same name. The rays have a range of 60’ (even if the spell usually has a larger range) with no range increment. The snake must succeed with a ranged touch attack to hit (+8 ranged), the rays are as follows:
Hold Person: Person is held for 6 rounds.
Inflict Moderate Wounds: Deals 2d8+5 points of damage.
Scorching Ray: Deals 4d6 fire damage.
Poison (Ex): Bite, Initial and Secondary damage 1d10 con, Fort save (DC 17) negates.
Chameleon Skin (Ex): Xajexe can change the coloration and patterns of their skin, granting them a +10 circumstance bonus to their hide checks in forested or marshy terrain.
Immunities: Xajexe are immune to poison and mind-affecting spells and effects.
Skills: Xajexe have a +4 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, and Spot checks, and a +8 racial bonus on Balance and Climb checks.
A Xajexe can choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened.
Xajexe use either their Strength modifier or their Dexterity modifier for climb checks, whichever is higher.
A Xajexe has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming provided it swims in a straight line.

© 2004-2005 Kristian “Krishnath” L. Jensen.

----------

Comments? Critizism? Opinions? Anything, anything at all? ;)

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
Frukathka said:
Lookin' good. :) What about a pic?

If you can draw/paint, feel free to make one. I can't pay you for it, as I am a poor dragon. But I prefer black/white line art or pencil, but almost anything is good.

Olly

First Post
Krishnath said:
If you can draw/paint, feel free to make one. I can't pay you for it, as I am a poor dragon.

Aw... Did those mean old green dragons steal your hoard again? You should stand up to them. They're nothing but cowardly bullies. :lol:

Krishnath

First Post
Olly said:
Aw... Did those mean old green dragons steal your hoard again? You should stand up to them. They're nothing but cowardly bullies. :lol:

Considering I am the oldest terran dragon, I seriously doubt anyone can steal my stuff. No, what has happened is that I haven't had a good hoard gathering rampage since the dark ages, and living has become quite expensive. Also, have you any idea how many forms you have to fill out to sell some genuine roman gold coins. And then they want to know where I got them. I burnt down a city for them, that's what I did you stupid archaeologists. Jeez. Not to mention that the catholic church has been hounding me for several centuries because I looted one of their cathedrals. And I am trying to lay low so to speak.

*sets fire to olly*

Now I feel better.

Olly

First Post
Krishnath said:
Considering I am the oldest terran dragon, I seriously doubt anyone can steal my stuff. No, what has happened is that I haven't had a good hoard gathering rampage since the dark ages, and living has become quite expensive. Also, have you any idea how many forms you have to fill out to sell some genuine roman gold coins. And then they want to know where I got them. I burnt down a city for them, that's what I did you stupid archaeologists. Jeez. Not to mention that the catholic church has been hounding me for several centuries because I looted one of their cathedrals. And I am trying to lay low so to speak.

*sets fire to olly*

Now I feel better.

[Runs around screaming for a good long while, before remembering to stop drop and roll. Ices wounds.]

Ow... Jeez...

Ferret

Explorer
Krishnath said:
Let that be a lesson to you, never make fun of a dragon. ;)

...for you are crunch and and make a nice flame-grilled kebab?

I like the creature, muchly :).

Every thing looks ace!

Remove ads