• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bionic Woman

John Crichton

First Post
Didn't love it, didn't hate it. I was willing to give it a shot for some more eps, tho. At least a full season run.

That said, Chuck is a far superior spy show.

Bront

The man with the probe
John Crichton said:
Didn't love it, didn't hate it. I was willing to give it a shot for some more eps, tho. At least a full season run.

That said, Chuck is a far superior spy show.
Did that get canned too? Or just for this year?

Never got a chance to watch either much, did catch a few Chuck shows, and laughed.

John Crichton

First Post
Bront said:
Did that get canned too? Or just for this year?

Never got a chance to watch either much, did catch a few Chuck shows, and laughed.
Chuck got renewed for a full slate this season (all taped eps have been aired) and an order for a second season. :)

Fast Learner

First Post
Opinions obviously vary, but I found it to be surprisingly poor. The writing was repeatedly dumb, and the acting only so-so.

I was frankly really surprised that David Eick -- who I assumed had a fair bit to do with how good Battlestar Galactica is, but now have some doubt -- produced such a dog.

I liked it enough to watch all episodes, but I was never entirely convinced. I definitely liked Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles a lot better. (Why compare these shows? Both with Sci-Fi elements, both with a strong female lead, both with cybernetics)

Strangely enough, two of my friends seem to feel the exact opposite. Well, nobody can be perfect. ;)

Ebon Shar

Explorer
IMO, the show would have worked better as a continuation of the continuity from the earlier shows, not as a reimagining. Perhaps Jamie Sommers, long retired from OSI, has a granddaughter who is injured in a horrible accident. Jamie, desperate to save her, begs Oscar Goldman to restart the Bionics program and save her. Oscar agrees, but the only caveat is that she must work for OSI. The only problem is, the new OSI is not quite the organization it used to be and we slowly find out that their motives are not as pure as they once were back in the '70s. Think Bionic Woman meets Alias. Think of the guest star potential with Lindsay Wagner and Lee Majors dropping in from time to time. Now that show would have been a hit.

Last edited:

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
It was starting to find its groove towards the end there. I think it had a lot of potential (the whole "evil first" bionic woman story arc, but it started out too slow in the beginning. The writer's strike was the final nail in the coffin.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
I found it good enough to watch, and while it doesn't compare to Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles, it's still a lot better then some most all the reality/talk shows out there. I'm not happy that it's cancelled, but I found the cancellation of Journeyman and Jericho a lot more painful.

Ebon Shar

Explorer
Cergorach said:
I found it good enough to watch, and while it doesn't compare to Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles, it's still a lot better then some most all the reality/talk shows out there. I'm not happy that it's cancelled, but I found the cancellation of Journeyman and Jericho a lot more painful.

Yeah, the cancellation of Journeyman was a punch in the gut. I just don't understand why these decisions are made sometimes. Journeyman was just hitting its stride and getting really good!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads