• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bizzare outer-planes item, I'd love some feedback..

Malessa

First Post
The picture doesn't look flat to me. Actually it looks very realistic. How did you do the pic, just alter a pic of a real orchid? I don't understand how you would like it to look? What changes are you looking for?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Beautiful!

Here's what I'd change, though:

Add some frosty-elements to the petals of the flower itself. It looks like a normal flower on an ice-stalk (which is cool). Make it look like an ice-flower on an ice-stalk, and you've got it done perfectly.

Background: make it dark grey & purple, but still just as hazy as it is now.

Thanks for sharing this lovely picture!

-- Nifft

Arravis

First Post
Well, I combined about 4 different orchids, added my own striping, mottling, etc. I'll work on adding more frost to it though. I tried to make the flower look frozen, adding several filters etc... didn't really work out great though.

I tried doing one made completely out of ice... but it just didn't look right. I wasn't able to get a "frost" without doing it the hard way (drawing it in), I might have to resort to that though...

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads