• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BLACK CRATER

Tom Cashel

First Post
Lucius and Dalabrac--

Artemus seems to step through to Hullack Forest, but vanishes as he crosses the threshold, and the portal instantly shuts down. One of the kids lets out a low groan of terror.

Dawn is growing in the sky above, from black to gray to pink by slow degrees. A brisk mountain wind blows across the room, bringing the scent of pines and ice.

What next?

Last edited:

Lucius Foxhound

First Post
Argh! We're in trouble.

Okay, it's only been a few seconds since we came through that portal. I think we're all agreed NOT to try and use another portal, right?

If so, let's get the heck out of this box ... we're sitting ducks here. I say we either fly down the mountain or camp out somewhere outside the box. I can still polymorph (ooc: broken!) so between the two of us we should be able to fly the kids out, and then come back for the bodies.

The problem: What happens when our Druid friend comes back? He'll never find us. Perhaps Wisp can perch high above and watch out for him ... a druid can speak with him quite easily!

How's that for an immediate plan?

Tom Cashel

First Post
That's thinking outside the box!

Young Herjolf Rolf, burly, red-haired and gap-toothed, says, "That sounds like a fine plan, Master Foxbrown." He looks around in mild distaste. "This place is dreary."

"No," says chubby and stout Horsa Lenumbrar, "it's Foxhound."

Herjolf looks at him as though his skin has turned purple with pink dots. "What are you talking about, Horseface? You saying I don't know the man's name?"

"Don't call me Horseface!!!"

They grapple and begin to wrestle, shouting at each other.

Kolya Seveniss, already half in shock from the threats of the orcs (they hate half-elves almost as much as the purebloods), starts to cry again.

Mahiro Satsu

First Post
Kids, you must settle down, else I become violent. Now is not the time to wrestle. If you dont stop that in a few second i will be forced to leave you here and save myself... from you. You're going to get us killed.

I say we fly out. I can take you up to the lip to start with. If they come after us before we can move farther away just hunker down and maybe they wont see us. We'll decide for there what to do.

Oh, and try to be quiet. Tall folk are always unnessissarily loud and visible.

Tom Cashel

First Post
The kids separate, puffing and out of breath.

"You're lucky he stopped me, Horseface. I was about to pound you."

"Yeah, right, Carrot Top...you were the one who was going to get pounded."

Lucius: Wisp hoots and chirps to you...
Tall magic-one, the idea of perching up here in dawn's rays does not please me...but I see that the situation is grave so I will do as you suggest. Please find a tasty mouse for me so that I may eat when I return to you...

Lucius Foxhound

First Post
Wisp -- You are right .. I only ask it of you because of dire circumstances. You'll get your mouse -- and more. I promise, once we get out of this mess, you'll spend your days resting comfortably on a nice perch in the wagon that i'll create for you. In the meantime, be vigilant ... danger is everywhere. You've done very well of late.

"Hey, kids ... look at me."

I polymorph into a pegasus.

"Who wants to go for a ride?" :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads