Black Spine: Adventures under a Dark Sun

Jarval

Explorer
"No! You stop that!" Uden chastises the gith surrounding Garak as he lays into them with his swatter.

(OoC: Full attack with swatter. +18/+13 to hit, 3d8+12 dmg, using Cleave if applicable.)

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Grykee Mindbender 12th AC:13 PP:82

Grykee will continue advancing at a walk and stow the dorje of Invisibility, whilst retrieving the White Quartz dorje of Empathic Transfer.

She will shout in Gith:
"Lay down and stop fighting!

OOC: I keep laughing at the thought of Uden 'chastising' them. I can just see him pinching their ears and making them write out, 'I will not attack travelers' 1oo times in the sand...

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Winging her way back over, Arriha takes a single shot; it punches cleanly through the neck of her target from behind, and the gith falls bonelessly.

Garak hammers a blow into one of his assailants, crushing several ribs and eliciting a choked grunt. Kejo simply tosses his head, throwing his victim (minus one arm and shoulder) several yards.

Urden takes a javelin in the shoulder, and a spear in the thigh, before swatting out viciously. He blasts one down with a blow that carries on into another, crushing its leg; his second strike hammers that gith into the ground, swings up to decapitate a third, and arcs across to break the spine of the last remaining gith.

The sounds of other horns can be heard from two sides.

OOC: Urden takes 15 damage.

Jarval

Explorer
Uden pulls the javelin out of his shoulder, looking curiously at the weapon before discarding it.

"I think we go now?" He says at the sound of the horns. He quickly looks over the crumpled gith corpses surrounding him for any sign of metal arms or armour.

evileeyore said:
OOC: I keep laughing at the thought of Uden 'chastising' them. I can just see him pinching their ears and making them write out, 'I will not attack travelers' 1oo times in the sand...
:D

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha: Aarakocra Air Cleric 1 / Nomad 9 PP's:59

Arriha flew toward her companions, but climbed in the air as well in an attempt to get a glimpse of what was approaching (from the direction of the horns). She will look for a possible escape route for the group as well if there are many.

OOC: Run (Base 120), climb at a 45 degree angle to get a better high view.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Keia said:
Arriha flew toward her companions, but climbed in the air as well in an attempt to get a glimpse of what was approaching (from the direction of the horns). She will look for a possible escape route for the group as well if there are many.

OOC: Run (Base 120), climb at a 45 degree angle to get a better high view.

Arriha picks out at least two groups of about a dozen each headed towards the party. In the distance, she can see a mass of campfires burning. If the slower members were carried by Kejo or Urden, the party would likely be able to outrace the oncoming gith and make it to Tenpug's camp.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha: Aarakocra Air Cleric 1 / Nomad 9 PP's:59

Arriha will dive down to the rest of the group, hover and report what she's learned.

The battle-rage fades from Garak's eyes as he listens to Arriha's warning.

"We probably should move on," he admits reluctantly. He shifts sideways, making space in Kejo's howdah. "Saddle up, Ursus, Ristu. I told you to buy a kank back in Nibenay..."

He looks around, checking that none of the party are seriously injured, then casting an eye over the gith to see if their weapons were indeed metal.

Slowly, a feral smile spreads across his face.

"There's no real reason to actually outrun the gith, come to think of it. I don't see why we shouldn't move slowly enough to drag them along behind us, then turn on them and wipe them out in the shadow of Tenpug's village. The fewer gith we have to fight in a massed battle the better, and I'd like to be sure that the villagers get a chance to see what they're paying for. We can handle two dozen gith, and the villagers probably need a bit of a morale boost."

OOC: And was that the biggest waste of a rage ever?

Can Ristu ride Gree-lok (once the Righteous Might has worn off, obviously)? They're both Medium, but Ristu has a lot of ranks in Ride and no other mount. I'm not sure what's going on there. Everyone else should be able to keep up - an inix's howdah can carry 4.

Remove ads