• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blackmoor Collector's Guide

havard

Adventurer
That's a very nice collection of downloads! I've made a note to take a look through that list and update this guide accordingly (but probably only after I finish the next one). Thanks for the pointer.

No problem!
You might also want to check out the downloads section on my site:
Mystara's Ancient Past - Blackmoor

I'm not so sure about Foul Weather though. I can certainly believe there's some Blackmoor influence there, but it doesn't quite seem to fit in the Blackmoor Collector's Guide :)

I can see that :)
The main connection is that this space ship is also called The Beagle, just like the one in Blackmoor. My theory is that Foul Weather takes place several years before DA3. The author, Mike McArtor has stated that this may have been a subconcious influence, but not a concious decision on his part so... :)

-Havard

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
The main connection is that this space ship is also called The Beagle, just like the one in Blackmoor. My theory is that Foul Weather takes place several years before DA3. The author, Mike McArtor has stated that this may have been a subconcious influence, but not a concious decision on his part so... :)
The ship in Foul Weather is the I.S.S. Beagle and it comes from Earth.

The one in Blackmoor is the FSS Beagle and it came from the Galactic Federation in John Snider's Star Empires.

Also, Beagle is a pretty iconic ship name. Darwin anyone?

havard

Adventurer
The ship in Foul Weather is the I.S.S. Beagle and it comes from Earth.

Yeah, the I gets in the way. It ought to have been an F ;)

The one in Blackmoor is the FSS Beagle and it came from the Galactic Federation in John Snider's Star Empires.

Does Star Empires have an entity called the Galactic Federation? I know Star Empires was part of the inspiration for it, but I was wondering if the connection went beyond that.

Also, Beagle is a pretty iconic ship name. Darwin anyone?

Sure, but you only find the things you are looking for. I prefer Blackmoor references /geek mode ;)

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Does Star Empires have an entity called the Galactic Federation? I know Star Empires was part of the inspiration for it, but I was wondering if the connection went beyond that.
That I'm not so sure of. The only reference to the federation that I recall is the one in City of the Gods. If there isn't, then it might just be an inspirational link to Star Empires.

There's also a possible Star Probe connection. It's a game about searching planets for colonization. Wasn't that what the Beagle was doing?

havard

Adventurer
That I'm not so sure of. The only reference to the federation that I recall is the one in City of the Gods. If there isn't, then it might just be an inspirational link to Star Empires.

I'd love to get my hands on that game. I know that Snider placed Blackmoor in his Star Empires campaign, but I dont know if any references actually made it to the published version.

There's also a possible Star Probe connection. It's a game about searching planets for colonization. Wasn't that what the Beagle was doing?

Probably. It arrived on Blackmoor after a misjump, but it does seem to have been an exploratory vessel.

Havard

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Echohawk, you've mentioned that you have twenty of these things in the works altogether. Out of curiosity, what are the final seven?

If I had to guess...

Forgotten Realms
Mystara/Known World
Original/Basic D&D
AD&D 1st Edition
AD&D 2nd Edition
D&D 3rd Edition/3.5

Which leaves one more, unless you plan to do Original and Basic D&D separately. Am I close? If so, what is the seventh one?

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Mystara/Known World
Original/Basic D&D
Your guess is close to my plan ;)

My current plan is to split the two you've listed above slightly differently:
- Mystara/BECMI (i.e. all Known World sources)
- Original D&D (and possibly some miscellaneous stuff)

The one you are missing from your list is the Kingdoms of Kalamar.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads