• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bladed Gauntlets, do they keep you from holding anything else?

Tagnik

First Post
If you have Bladed Gauntlets, my DM says that I can't carry another weapon (IE a Short Spear).

Do they really hinder your hands as well?

S

shurai

Only if you're trying to pick your nose. Then, be very, very careful. Many a young munch--er, adventurer has lost his nostrils that very way.

Why would you bother? Use one or the other. :D

Anyway, if the rules don't say so, then you should be able to carry the shortspear. However, if you're not using the errata then I can understand the DM's frustration.

You are aware of the errata, right?

[opinion]Do yourself a favor, drop the gauntlets and get a real weaopn.[/opinion]

dkilgo

First Post
It is the scary place where the real answers lie.

Or, it could just be the place where all the corrections to all the books could be.

kreynolds

First Post
Tagnik said:
But what is the Errata?

The errata is for S&F. Here's the errata for the bladed gauntlet...

p. 70, Weapons Table: Bladed Gauntlet, change the crit from 17–20/x2 to 19–20/x2.

p. 70, Replace bladed gauntlet text with:
Bladed Gauntlet: Unlike a standard gauntlet, an attack with a bladed gauntlet is not considered an unarmed attack. The bladed gauntlet possesses two cruelly sharpened blades that extend from the back of the wrist following the line of the forearm. The cost and weight are for a single gauntlet.

What errata is being mentioned here about carrying things, I've never heard of, but I get the feeling, though I might be wrong, that there is some confusion in this thread between the bladed gauntlet (S&F) and claw bracers (FRCS), which are totally different.

IceBear

Explorer
No, I think what was being hinted at was that the DM might have been annoyed with the gauntlets because of the crit range which was changed in the errata.

IceBear

Tetsubo

First Post
How I got around the problem...

Attachments

• doublearmblade.jpg
    doublearmblade.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 290

Remove ads