D&D (2024) Blast from the past

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
4e build-a-balanced-monster, plus a description of melee, single-target, and zone attacks which are level appropriate. Use one (non-iconic) monster as the 'design example'.
In the DMG and a shorter version (modify an existing monster) in the MM.

3e Binders. So much awesome flavor coupled with interesting mechanics.

The bloodied condition and abilities that triggered off of it.

A return to 4E's monster design, with clear roles for combat (since that's realistically how they'll be used the majority of the time). I had an extra tier of minions (goons) which had a damage threshold based on the creature's tier. Goons died if they took their threshold or more from a single attack. Any damage below it, bloodied the goon. A bloodied goon died if it took any damage, and many bloodied goons would try and flee or surrender. I loathe tracking hit points on "random grunt #4".
A very cool idea

Vaalingrade

Legend
I havent played Pathfinder 2, but Tyranny essentially had that and fights got repetitive fast. Every encounter you basically ran through the same script. The system would need to be modified with random elements of some kind - more builders/consumers/reactions, or similar to the book of 9 swords where not all maneuvers are available each round.
A full rebuild would be much better than keeping the Adventuring Day.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases