Blizzard at Revel's End (IC)

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
OOC: Py'Cott is near Lex right now (AN18), Red Ghost (his Echo) is riding the Orca. They just swapped places. There isn't actually any room on the shoreline that isn't occupied by the the lift, everything is a cliff, hah!

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Revel’s End
End of autumn
Weather: Freezing and wet. Sleet. Rough water and sea spray. Fog
Round 3

The fish-man’s claw didn’t seem to penetrate Valrin’s hard muscle as much as it should have. Cold fury surged through Valrin, and he stabbed hard at the fish-man again with the ice pick, stabbing it into the fish-man’s neck, a second attack skidding off its scales.

Rage: +2 melee damage, resist B/P/S damage
Frenzy: extra bonus action attack
Didn’t notice Doc Halfhand transform into a giant octopus.

Valrin Thann Character Sheet
Prisoner 137
AC 15
HP 37/41
Rage: 2/3/LR, Reckless Attack, Frenzy

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Seeing Py'Cott leap on top of the immense whale and assault what can only be the leader of these attacking sea folk, Burton decides to help bringing the fight to a quick end.

He takes a running jump and nimbly lands besides the Red Ghost. A flick of his wrists, and similar to before a weapon appears in Burton's right hand; a fine silvery rapier. Uttering a few eldritch syllables, the noble puts some magic behind his attacks. With a flourish the noble now known as Prisoner 287 stabs at the fish woman repeatedly.

OOC: Move: Jump onto the orca:
Dexterity (acrobatics): 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19

Bonus Action: Summon bonded weapon (rapier).

Action: Booming Blade (melee weapon attack; when hit, target takes 1d8 thunder damage when moving voluntarily before my next turn)
Attack with advantage: 1D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [16]+5 = 21
Damage: 1D8+5 = [5]+5 = 10
Thunder damage if moving: 1D8 = [7] = 7

Does the presence of the Red Ghost grant advantage to my attacks? I rolled with advantage; I thought CoyoteCode would show the dismissed roll, but apparently it doesn't. I can roll again if there is no advantage.

Action Surge: (another action this round, 1/SR) Booming Blade
Attack with advantage: 1D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [16]+5 = 21
Damage: 1D8+5 = [2]+5 = 7
Thunder damage if moving: 1D8 = [2] = 2

Jathlin winces as the sahaugins claws slash across his chest. He dodges the spear thrust and shifts around the two attackers. He looks around and curses as he sees more of the creatures. He makes some quick gestures and brings his fists together. As they touch shock wave of thunderous noise ripples out from him slamming into the sahaugin that are crowding around him.

As the shockwave subsides Jathlin swims towards the pier.

OOC: Shifitng to the other side of the sahaugin so I place all three of them within 5 ft of me. I will then cast thunderwave at 2nd level. I will also use my Channel Divinity: Destructive Wrath to max the damage. All within a 15ft cube of me take 24 thunder damage or half on a DC 14 Con save. If they fail they are also pushed 10 ft from me.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Chaos of Battle

The orca had emerged close enough to the dock that Py'Cott dropped his bundle of whale-fat and leaped onto its back. He hooked the fish-woman's wrist with the end of his pike and twisted, causing her to drop her conch, which he grabbed while diving toward the water, but before he plunged in, he swapped places with the Red Ghost and arrived, smiling, on next to Lex by the lift.

By this time, Burton had followed him onto the orca and stabbed at the fish-woman with a knife that had appeared out of nowhere. As the 'whale' rose up to throw off the new arrival, Thorbin thrust his pike over the fire-barrel and into the creature's melon, stunning it. As it began to roll over, Doc Halfhand, as an octopus, appeared from the water and pulled the fish-woman shaman from the whale's back and began to swim away with her.

Both Burton and the Red Ghost could not stay on as the whale rolled, and they both wound up in the water. This turned out to be fortunate for them, because on the dock, Lex raised his little grey hands and a line of fire burst across the scene, burning the whale, the fish-woman, and an unfortunately-timed surfacing fish-man (who had swam in to go after Burton). All three creatures died, smoking and steaming on the surface of the water.

Doc Halfhand released the fish-woman and dove under as the fire burst across them, but he quickly found himself up against two fish-men armed with spears. They lunged at him, sticking their spears into his fleshy tentacled body. (7 damage).

Burton too, found a spear thrust at him from out of the depths. It struck him in his leg as he treaded water, heading back toward the dock. (7 damage).

On the other side of the dock, in the water, Valrin continued to struggle with the fish-man who had pulled him under. He struck at it with his ice-pick, and got it with a solid blow that kept it from getting at him, but it was still alive and trying in vain to bite at him.

Nearby, Jathlin sent out a thunderous burst that knocked the surrounding fish folk away, killing two of the three. The third grabbed at him, biting and scratching through his meagre prisoner's clothes. (8 damage).

On the cliff, the guards continued to fire at the crab and rider who slowly made their way up the high cliff toward the top. Now the rider returned some of the fire with a blow-gun. Neither side seemed to be taking any particular lead in that skirmish.

Not so on the ship. The prisoners and guards had made their way up to the main deck, only to find it swarming with fish-men, who proceeded to slaughter the already frightened and exhausted men. The ship's mate was trapped at the prow, thrusting his sword at fish-folk who surrounded him. Alone now, as the fishmen overwhelmed what remained of the ship's defenders.

The captain, cleric, and four sailors remained below, and one guard remained with two prisoners. Hearing the chaos above them, they began to use what remained of the cargo to barricade the ladder, but with the hatch open to the sky above, it would not take long for the fish-men to make their way into the depths of the ship.

GM: Encounter: Sahuagin Attack! End Round Two; Begin Round Three

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
The shock of freezing water suddenly all around him startles Burton, but he is immediately aware of the wave of fire just above him. Deciding to not come up for air until the flames have gone, the noble sees an ugly fish creature come up to him from the other side, spear at the ready.

Instinctively he tries to cast a spell, but before Burton can begin to utter the arcane word, icy water fills his mouth and he thinks better of it. The spear stabs his leg painfully, and prisoner 287 realizes he is out of his element.

A few stabs with his rapier, more to distract his opponent than truly dangerous, and Burton swims for the surface, hoping to get up on the dock but finding it difficult to get a grip on the slippery wood.

OOC: Attack (in the water, with disadvantage?): Rapier: 1D20.LOW(1)+5 = [5]+5 = 10
Don't think that hits, but here's the damage roll all the same: 1D8+5 = [1]+5 = 6

Move back out of the water. I suppose that triggers an OA? And in case I need to roll something to climb up on the dock: Athletics: 1D20 = [5] = 5 Ouch!

HP 21/28

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Revel’s End
End of autumn
Weather: Freezing and wet. Sleet. Rough water and sea spray. Fog
Round 3

Valrin continued to stab the fish man holding him with the ice spear, jabbing the creature twice more, though fighting in the water wasn’t his natural element.

Rage: +2 melee damage, resist B/P/S damage
Frenzy: extra bonus action attack
Didn’t notice Doc Halfhand transform into a giant octopus.

Valrin Thann Character Sheet
Prisoner 137
AC 15
HP 37/41
Rage: 2/3/LR, Reckless Attack, Frenzy

Remove ads